Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, and which have empowered our staggering growth since our founding in 2011.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, with additional offices in San Francisco, New York, London and Guadalajara, Salesloft has over 500 employees and is growing by the day. As a testament to the culture and company we’ve collectively built, our world-class team has been named twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up that ‘may be the next unicorn… on a path to a $1B valuation,’ and has consistently been recognized as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta.’ Salesloft is disrupting the Sales Engagement space and is on a mission to activate the authentic seller in all of us.
We’re on a mission to redefine an industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a UI Engineer who is focused on using modern tools and techniques to build world-class software for Salesloft’s customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for working with your delivery team to prioritize, plan and develop features for our platform. Your focus will be on building the front end of the application along with full stack engineers on your team with a focus on scalability, maintainability, reusability and testability.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a UI Engineer is the career path for you!
Our Salesloft’s UI Engineering team is composed of seasoned and up-and-coming UI Engineers who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The UI Engineering team consists of an amazing group that you can learn from and teach. They are also the epitome of our core values – Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
We do continuous deployment to production, which means..
We write good tests. Not tests for the sake of tests, but tests that help us think out code design and protect ourselves from regression and ultimately move faster.
We run everything on AWS OpsWorks. If you haven’t used it, it’s great. Think Heroku had a baby with EC2.
We have a service-oriented design. We have 2 main products, but ~7 other service apps to support them and an internal API to connect them. It allows us to keep codebases smaller, optimize more specifically, and explore new technologies with isolation.
We are mostly a Postgres shop, though one of our services uses Elasticsearch. Right tool for the job.
THE SKILL SET:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience building web applications
- Expertise in front end technologies as well as frameworks and tooling (e.g. React and Angular)
- Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes
- Demonstrated ability to unblock themselves and other team members
(Is expected to..)
- Regularly shipping quality code into the wild. (finish work matters)
- Maintaining high quality code through constructive peer review. (no know-it-all’s allowed)
- Prioritizing customer experience above all else. (they are why we’re here)
- Pushing to constantly improve your craft. (always be learning)
- Collectively taking ownership & pride in the product. (no silos)
- Contribute to the organization outside of their delivery team (i.e. conferences, book clubs, internal meetups)
- Take responsibility for their code: follow through with it and address any issues that result from it in the future
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with other engineers and teammates, including being productive with their emotions; proposes solutions when articulating problems
- Interview prospective candidates and provide thoughtful evaluations and feedback
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend Salesloft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our Salesloft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet and shadow current members of the Salesloft team, and delve into your territory
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Ship your first PR to production
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Perform code reviews for your team and other UI Engineers
- Build and ship a feature
- Increasingly pair program with other engineers to share knowledge
- Be very knowledgeable of your team’s surface area.
- Be able to take significant ownership for developing a new feature
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Help on-board new engineers
- Make contributions or changes to our tools/techniques as needed
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
- Help others remove blockers as your knowledge of our tech stack increases
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Have deep expertise in a specific area of the application
- Be a major contributor to team planning and execution
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
Salesloft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.