Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
As Outschool’s Trust and Safety Lead, you will come up with and work cross-functionally to implement scalable solutions to identify, monitor, and prevent bad actors from using Outschool. You will help shape and operationalize processes related to privacy, marketplace risk, and other safety-related issues as we scale. You will also be on the front lines answering tickets with inquiries and concerns, where you will investigate trust and safety incidents that arise on our platform, as well as handle complex social-emotional issues that emerge during classes. Your detail-oriented habits mean you leave no stone unturned, and your experience in online investigations means you find relevant details others may miss. You are tenacious when it comes to meeting your goals and supporting your team, and you are able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You care about keeping kids safe and have demonstrated this commitment in either your prior work or interests.
This role requires a schedule that includes some on call days on weekends, as well as some holiday coverage (split on a rotating basis with teammates)
- Propose operational improvements and scalable solutions to Trust and Safety concerns, then take the lead in partnering with other teams to implement those improvements and solutions.
- Partner with the Product team to define, prioritize, and implement the most impactful Trust and Safety initiatives.
- Conduct investigations and successfully resolve and document trust and safety cases primarily through chat functions or email, but sometimes over the phone in a timely manner.
- Utilize investigations, metrics, and data analysis to identify trends and anticipate risks on the Outschool platform.
- Leverage your experience in handling customer concerns and work with your team to come up with operational improvements that scale the team’s impact without compromising customer safety.
- Multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive and high risk safety incidents, while maintaining operational excellence and standards in responding to those situations.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4 + years experience in either trust and safety or high risk customer support or operations, ideally at a high growth startup, where the scope of the role involved working cross-functionally to implement ways to solve problems at scale.
- An interest in educational issues and a dedication to children’s safety/security concerns including sensitivity to unique/neurodiverse learning needs, awareness of mandatory reporting issues, a commitment to protecting learners in an online environment, and a having basic understanding privacy issues is essential
- Past work experience with online investigations or fraud detection/loss prevention is a plus.
- Known for having a superb bedside manner, excellent judgment, and an incredible work ethic, as well as an ability to empathize with customers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders across multiple functional areas to champion and improve Trust & Safety within the platform.
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. For New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $135,000 – $160,000 USD.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $121,000 – $144,000 USD.