Swiftly is a mission-driven company and a big data platform for transportation. The platform weaves data analytics, intuitive visualizations, and real-time predictive technologies into applications that drive smarter decisions for public transit agencies. Today, over 7,000 transit professionals in over 110 cities across the globe use Swiftly to improve transportation for over 1.7 billion passenger trips per year.
Marketing at Swiftly
At Swiftly we firmly believe in the power and importance of creating world-class brand interactions and experiences – big and small – that directly contribute to the success of the business. The marketing team plays an important role in our mission to help public transit agencies deliver fast, reliable transit service to their city.
Sales at Swiftly
The Swiftly Marketing and Sales team crafts the Swiftly narrative and shares our work with prospective agencies in compelling, human ways. We challenge ourselves and one another to approach old problems in new ways, and we embrace failures as learning opportunities – if you’re not failing occasionally, you’re not putting yourself in a position to succeed! The team cares deeply about the problem we’re solving, so we empathize with and listen to our customers to build partnerships and deepen our value proposition. We thrive with constraints, getting creative to execute on a variety of deliverables in collaboration with other teams. Lastly, while we love to win, we know that the best means to that end on a broad scale is to support our colleagues and win as a team.
About the role
As a Transit Development Representative, you will be responsible for starting conversations with agencies in our core markets and understanding what transit projects they are working on. Your role will be to introduce Swiftly and qualify the opportunity to accomplish or exceed their expectations with the Swiftly Platform. You will also work as a bridge between the Marketing team and the Sales team, effectively turning Marketing Qualified Leads into Sales Qualified Leads (MQLs to SQLs). This role is Evergreen, in that we are always looking for exceptional candidates.
Swiftly is headquartered in San Francisco but we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the United States. #LI-remote
What You’ll Do
- Review transit agencies’ websites to understand and document their upcoming transit initiatives.
- Analyze agencies’ transit networks using tools we have developed to find interesting operational inefficiencies.
- Identify the right contacts at the agencies we should be speaking to that might be interested in improving their networks.
- Introduce Swiftly to transit agencies through a combination of tactful emails, phone calls and LinkedIn outreach.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing team to develop account-based plans to target and nurture accounts strategically.
- Ensure that the process by which you are conducting your outreach aligns with both the Sales and Marketing teams’ objectives.
- Source data on transit agencies and maintaining, updating and organizing our records to ensure we are always contacting the correct individuals at transit agencies.
- Identify publicly available transit data to integrate into the Swiftly platform and facilitate outreach efforts.
- Work closely with the Account Executive team to partner on outreach and research projects to accomplish the Sales Team’s goals.
- Some US travel for training purposes and conferences
About You: Our ideal TDR hire should have 1 year experience working in the transit space and/or reaching out to stakeholders and communicating professionally, and excel at:
- Learning a new space quickly: while we don’t expect all candidates to be transit experts, you will need to learn how to knowledgeably engage with transit staff through guided and self-directed learning.
- Interacting with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- Conducting independent research to anticipate agency needs and understand their initiatives before having discussions with agencies.
- Excellent communication skills over the phone, in person, and via email.
- Communicating internally with different teams and a variety of personalities.
- Organizing and managing your day-to-day to stay on top of correspondences, research projects, and other sales and marketing activities.
- Synthesizing complicated issues/situations/products and explaining technical topics simply.
- Being able to take a “big picture approach” to internal and external situations.
- Learning from failures – seeing opportunities for learning when agencies do not respond to emails or request no further solicitations.
- Enjoying traveling to conferences and meeting new people.
**FOR U.S. CANDIDATES ONLY:**
In accordance with pay transparency laws: the approximate salary range for this role is $54K to $88K OTE yearly (base salary + any variable comp). This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a multitude of non-discriminatory factors including final role leveling decisions, a candidate’s relevant work experiences/skills, and geographic location within the United States. Note: salary ranges for non-U.S. candidates may be higher or lower than the U.S. numbers above depending on location.
Salary is one component of Swiftly’s total compensation package, which also includes stock options, competitive benefits, 401(k) matching, a fantastic team and culture, opportunity to have a huge impact, emphasis on professional growth and holistic wellness, and other perks.
Beyond the Skills:
– We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
– Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
– Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
– Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
– Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
– Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
– Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
– Competitive salary
– Stock options for every employee
– Medical, Dental and Vision
– 401k with Employer Match
– Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
– Home office setup reimbursement
– Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
– Monthly “Be Well” stipend
– Flexible PTO with a required minimum
– Flexible work environment
– 16 paid holidays – including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2023
– 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
– Why are you passionate about mobility?
– What interests you about Swiftly?
We are an equal opportunity employer – we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.