Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven, trans-founded company that is focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the transgender and gender nonconforming communities. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans life and build a virtual care home for the trans community.
As a rapidly expanding organization, we are now proudly available to more than 1 million transgender individuals in 41 states. We are an organization formed through the lived experience of trans people and fierce allies and we welcome other heart-forward, talented individuals to join our team on this journey.
We are currently hiring Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants- we welcome all state licenses but specifically are in need of folks with Texas, California, Florida, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Colorado, New York, Missouri, Michigan, Tennessee, Virginia, New Jersey, Alabama, Louisiana, Maine, and Massachusetts licenses at the moment.
About the role:
As an independently contracted clinician with Plume, you will join our awesome team of diverse clinicians who provide GAHT (gender-affirming hormone therapy) and depression/anxiety management for our patients throughout the United States. Close to half of our clinician base (MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs) are gender diverse, among many other intersecting backgrounds.
You will provide longitudinal care for a panel of patients so your time will be spent onboarding new patients and providing follow-up care for them (lab management, prescription management, answering clinical questions).
This is a completely virtual work-from-home role with flex scheduling. You schedule your hours when you want to work. We encourage a minimum of 5 hrs per week. We have a large support team that takes care of patient account logistics so you can focus on clinical care.
We are a healthcare startup, so we are seeking folks excited about changing the paradigm of medical care so patients and clinicians are truly centered. We heavily leverage technology, so being comfortable with computers and electronic medical record systems in a rapidly changing environment is critical to do this work.
- At least two active licenses and in good standing with your professional board
- Experience and comfort collaborating with diverse teams
- Comfortable with 100% remote patient care
- Strong technical background (familiarity with EMRs, email communication, app-based platform use, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- At least 5 active licenses – preference for Texas, California, Florida, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Colorado, New York, Missouri, Michigan, Tennessee, Virginia, New Jersey, Alabama, Louisiana, Maine, and Massachusetts
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours per week, including onboards/follow up/admin
- Experience with telehealth and preferably direct-to-consumer (DTC) telehealth/startup work
- Experience prescribing GAHT
- Experience prescribing behavioral health medications (depression and anxiety)
- Familiarity with and experience using established GAHT guidelines, including an informed consent model of care
- DEA License and CAQH profile
- All Plume medical licenses and DEAs are paid for and maintained by our licensing team
- WPATH membership
- DEA License and CAQH profile
- Working for an amazing company that is changing the world
- $60-$100 USD/hour
This work is deeply personal and heart-driven, and we want teammates who, above all else, care. We offer an affirming, trans/queer-friendly, culturally inclusive work environment filled with purpose and camaraderie. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read more about Plume here: www.getplume.co