Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency. Over 115 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 2 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
Technical Support at Swiftly
The Technical Support team at Swiftly works to ensure customers are happy and find immense value in the tools that Swiftly provides. We’re on the front line, being the first point of contact for customers that have questions, are encountering issues, or need more support. When problems arise, we ensure that individual customers are listened to and that their issues are cared for, and we apply a keen analytical eye to spot trends and communicate problems in proactive ways with the Product team. We are passionate about improving mobility in the communities we serve, and we work side by side with transit agencies and operators to ensure their projects are impactful. We love the human aspect of our work and thrive on getting creative to solve problems or boost network performance.
About the Technical Support Role
Swiftly now has contracts with over 125 transit agencies, meaning we get many questions, comments, and other inquiries daily. As a Technical Support Rep, you will be our first line of defense in responding to customer inquiries.
Even though Swiftly’s HQ office is located in San Francisco, CA, we are open to candidates in all locations across the U.S. as well as Ontario, Canada. At this time we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. #LI-Remote
- Lead troubleshooting of bugs and investigation of other issues as they arise. Document and partner with Product and Engineering teams to usher through resolution. Build relationships with other departments and work together to solve technical and non-technical challenges.
- Quickly and accurately handle all levels of technical support communications, across multiple channels, precisely tracking all customer interactions via Zendesk and other tools.
- Troubleshooting and determining if an issue is related to hardware or software and owning next steps.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, and other cross-functional peers on specific user-impacting issues.
- Be the front line of support for any customer inquiries & take end-to-end ownership of issues.
- Create and maintain internal and customer-facing technical support documentation and resources.
- Be the customer advocate! You are their eyes, ears, and heart here at Swiftly.
- You speak and write both English and Spanish fluently.
- You have experience doing technical support for a software product (think troubleshooting bugs, data issues, and so on).
- You have 2+ years of experience working with Enterprise SaaS customers in a technical capacity. (Or equivalent, transferable experience)
- You have experience working with or at public transit agencies.
- Technical understanding of APIs & GTFS-rt are a plus.
- Comfortable working with software and hardware (think hardware on buses)
- You have strong empathy and patience.
- You are a tireless investigator. When an issue arises, you own it until resolution.
- You’ve either worked in the transit or transportation industry, or you have a passion for transportation.
- You hear challenges from others and have a burning desire to solve them.
- You stay calm and seek creative ways to deliver solutions.
- You care about communities of all sizes: large and small, rural and urban.
- You are a strong communicator and are energized by spending the day working with and listening to our customers.
- Basic skills in Java, Python, or SQL are a plus.
- You are very analytical and love data.