The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
Ideon is seeking a Technical Support Representative within our Solutions Delivery department. The Ideon Technical Support Representative will provide industry-leading service to our customers, in support of our products and services. As part of the Solution Delivery team, this role will collaborate closely with other Solution Delivery team members, Data Operations, Carrier Team, and Product to resolve customer inquiries and enhance the customer experience. Through their knowledge, experience, and effective communication skills they will understand the customer’s inquiry, determine if it is in fact an issue, and if needed, engage the appropriate team to resolve the issue, all the while proactively keeping the customer abreast of the status and ultimately the resolution.
We believe in a high standard of ethics, in transparency and diversity, merit and fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact, and career growth. The Technical Support Representative is an ongoing touchpoint with our customers and as such continuously imparts impressions of Ideon’s capability to deliver on our sales and brand promise. They must be passionate and eager to be in front of our customers, and demonstrate the expertise and value of our resources and solutions while constantly working to make customers better users of our solutions.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates working 8am to 5pm PST. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports into the SVP, Solution Delivery.
In this role you will:
- Actively manage customer tickets from various channels, in a timely manner, pursuant to established SLOs
- Understand the customer’s situation, triage and document the issue, and either solve or route to the appropriate team for resolution
- Proactively communicate customer ticket status and follow up on open tickets to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction
- Work cross-functionally as a liaison with Sales, Product, and Operations, championing an exceptional customer experience
- Document solutions in our knowledge base to add to the collective wisdom of our team and provide a more timely resolution for similar issues in the future
- Contribute ideas and process improvements to continuously improve service delivery to our customers
We’d love to talk if you:
- Have a proven ability to quickly and effectively gather the necessary information to determine if an issue is really an issue, and if so, engage the necessary resources to resolve the issue
- Are comfortable using technology and tools to test and investigate issues and clearly explain the results to customers
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills to effectively manage tickets and meet established SLOs
- Exhibit experience and comfort with supporting technical solutions, easily translating user requirements into technical requirements
- Work well in a fast-paced technical environment, marshaling disparate resources to solve customer issues
- Have 1-3 years of experience in a technical customer service role
- Have 2+ years Experience in health care, insurance, and/or insurtech industries
- Work well under pressure and is an excellent multitasker and problem solver
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and can communicate technical subjects in an effective and professional manner
- Have familiarity with APIs, bulk data files and their use, as well as SQL a plus
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or comparable experienceHave experience with Salesforce, JIRA, and/or other CRM
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Ideon requires COVID-19 vaccination for anyone onsite at an Ideon space (full-time or otherwise). Per policy, the company will make every effort to find reasonable accommodations or exemptions for medical and religious reasons.