Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency. Over 135 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 2 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
Technical Support Lead at Swiftly
The Technical Support team at Swiftly works to ensure customers receive a delightful product experience with the high quality data they expect and find immense value in the solutions that Swiftly provides via timely and robust responses to customer inquiries or issues. We’re on the front line, being the first point of contact for customers that have questions, are encountering issues, or need more support. When problems arise, we ensure that individual customers are listened to and that their issues are cared for, and we apply a keen analytical eye to spot trends and communicate problems in proactive ways with the Product and Engineering teams. We are passionate about improving mobility in the communities we serve, and we work side by side with transit agencies and operators to ensure their projects are impactful. We love the human aspect of our work and thrive on getting creative to solve problems.
About the Technical Support Lead Role
Swiftly now has contracts with over 130 transit agencies, meaning we get many questions, comments, and other inquiries daily. As a Technical Support Lead, you will be the first line of defense in responding to customer inquiries, along with enhanced responsibilities of being the lead within the Technical Support team. You will act as a player-coach in this role, directly contributing as a Technical Support team member as well as managing and overseeing the other Technical Support team members.
This role reports to the Manager of Customer Operations within the Customer Success Department at Swiftly.
Even though Swiftly’s HQ office is located in San Francisco, CA, we are open to candidates in all locations across the U.S. as well as Ontario, Canada. At this time we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. #LI-Remote
- Be the front line of support for any customer inquiries, lead troubleshooting of bugs and investigations, and take end-to-end ownership of customer issues (for both software and hardware issues).
- Quickly and accurately handle all levels of technical support communications, across multiple channels, precisely tracking all customer interactions via Zendesk, JIRA and Slack.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge about Swiftly products, data, and industry data standards, to effectively diagnose technical issues affecting those products.
- Act as liaison with the Product and Engineering team(s) to help guide escalations, provide feedback on tools, do weekly reviews on outstanding tickets, and document knowledge for future learnings.
- Be the escalation point for the TSRs when more challenging and technical issues come up prior to looping in Engineering.
- Maintain a high customer satisfaction rate (as measured via KPIs) and work with the other Technical Support Representations to ensure that the Zendesk queue is zeroed out at the end of each business day.
- Be a part of the on-call rotation and answer calls from customers via the Customer Emergency Line.
- Responsible for load balancing among the team members.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Customer Operations and the Chief Customer Officer (CCO) to establish Technical Support process improvements, review SLAs and reports, and analyze overall team efficiency.
- Document knowledge to ensure key team learnings are aggregated, communicated and integrated across the team to achieve greater efficiency and scalability.
- Create, maintain, and iterate on customer-facing technical support documentation and resources within the Zendesk Help Center.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Customer Success, Implementations, and other cross-functional peers on specific user-impacting issues.
- Work closely with the Customer Success, Product, and Engineering team, representing the Technical Support team to develop new procedures, products or improve existing support processes.
- Be the customer advocate! You are their eyes, ears, and heart here at Swiftly.
- You have 4+ years of experience working with Enterprise SaaS customers in a technical capacity. (Or equivalent, transferable experience)
- You have experience doing technical support for a software product (troubleshooting bugs, investigating and resolving data issues).
- You have previous experience leading or managing a team.
- You have experience working with or at public transit agencies.
- Technical understanding of APIs & GTFS-rt.
- Experience working with software and hardware (think hardware on buses).
- You take a high degree of ownership over your work and require minimal oversight.
- You are organized and detail oriented.
- You are a strong communicator and are energized by spending the day working with and listening to our customers.
- Experience with JupyterHub (which includes Python and/or SQL) is a plus.
- You are a tireless investigator. When an issue arises, you own it until resolution.
- You hear challenges from others and have a burning desire to solve them.
- You stay calm and seek creative ways to deliver solutions.
- You are very analytical and love data.
- You have strong empathy and patience.
- You care about communities of all sizes: large and small, rural and urban.
**FOR U.S. CANDIDATES ONLY:**
In accordance with pay transparency laws: the approximate salary range for this role is $79K to $115K OTE yearly (base salary + any variable comp). This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a multitude of non-discriminatory factors including final role leveling decisions, a candidate’s relevant work experiences/skills, and geographic location within the United States. Note: salary ranges for non-U.S. candidates may be higher or lower than the U.S. numbers above depending on location.
Salary is one component of Swiftly’s total compensation package, which also includes stock options, competitive benefits, 401(k) matching, a fantastic team and culture, opportunity to have a huge impact, emphasis on professional growth and holistic wellness, and other perks.
Beyond the Skills:
– We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
– Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
– Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
– Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
– Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
– Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
– Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
– Competitive salary
– Stock options for every employee
– Medical, Dental and Vision
– 401k with Employer Match
– Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
– Home office setup reimbursement
– Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
– Monthly Education Reimbursement
– Flexible PTO with a required minimum
– Flexible work environment
– 17 paid holidays – including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2022
– 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Swiftly has adopted a mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Swiftly will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide Swiftly People Ops with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.
We are an equal opportunity employer – we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
– Why are you passionate about mobility?
– What interests you about Swiftly?