Censys is on a mission of helping companies identify, inventory, prioritize and remediate every risk on their attack surface. Our platform has a foundation in nearly a decade of academic research on large scale internet scanning. Our technology ingests billions of data points on devices, certificates, domains and websites daily, to provide our customers with unparalleled view into the darkest corners of their inventory. We’re a growing startup with employees all over the world who believe innate curiosity and empathy enables a culture where we grow as professionals, solve the hardest problems in our industry, and have a lot of fun along the way.
We’re looking to hire our first Technical Support Engineer! In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing effective and timely resolutions for customer issues. At Censys, we’re building tools for security teams that help with visibility. As we work with security teams to define and defend their perimeter, or hunt for adversary infrastructure, we want to be the approachable, knowledgeable, reliable, and trustworthy partner that teams enjoy working with.
What you’ll do:
- Be the primary point of contact for all support and escalations tickets
- Troubleshoot and document reported issues thoroughly and work with Censys customers to resolve issues
- Work with Customers, Sales Engineers, Customer Success to report issues to Engineering Team
- Create and publish knowledge articles documenting how to resolve or troubleshoot identified issues in the Censys product
- Log product defects succinctly for resolution by the development team
- Provide assistance/training to customers as required
- Collaborate effectively with other team members
Skills you’ll have:
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience supporting customer technical support tickets in a SaaS company, preferably in security
- Great follow through! Takes the initiative to own issues until resolution
- Loves to translate “customer-speak” to “developer-speak” and vice-versa
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast growth environment
- Experience documenting work in a ticketing system
- Strong TCP/IP knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Familiarity with cloud apps and services
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Ability to escalate issues as needed to satisfy customer demands
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule to support a global customer base
- Familiarity with basic network security practices
Nice to have:
- Basic scripting skills, such as BASH, Python, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with Censys products
- Prior work history in the threat intelligence or network security field
We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan but open to hiring this position to be located 100% remote.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.