Timescale is hiring a Technical Support Engineer for our growing, international team! The right candidate will be comfortable providing deep technical support and interacting with customers on a day-to-day basis. You should have deep experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL a strong plus!) and must be able to quickly gain a detailed understanding of TimescaleDB. You should have a “can do it” attitude, where helping the user comes first. Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position with a preferred location in Australian or Indian time zones to ensure we have full coverage for the team without requiring overnight shifts.
What You Will Do:
- Work with our customers across a wide range of topics: from basic administration of Timescaledb to deep consultative conversations around design, optimization, and implementation
- Manage support cases from beginning to end.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with our customers to help them be successful.
- Be curious, always willing to learn, and always looking for ways to improve our products, our processes, and our culture.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Relational DB experience at scale: administration, data modeling, query optimization
- Experience as a technical support professional with external customers.
- Strong aptitude to understand and learn new software products.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to express complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
Other Things that Will Help:
- Be familiar with TimescaleDB! You should download and test it out before you apply.
- Familiarity with broad cloud computing concepts and experience with AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with Relational databases, NoSQL databases, and data modeling tools.
- Familiarity with Postgresql, including best practices, Query Plan analysis, backup/restore, migrations, etc
- A strong sense of curiosity and a willingness to wade into the unknown and learn as you go.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits