Timescale is hiring a Technical Support Engineer for our growing, international team! The right candidate will be comfortable providing deep technical support and interacting with customers on a day-to-day basis. You should have deep experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL a strong plus!) and must be able to quickly gain a detailed understanding of TimescaleDB. You should have a “can do it” attitude, where helping the user comes first. Timescale is a fully remote organization; this is a full-time position with a preferred location in Eastern, Central, or Mountain US Timezones to ensure we have full coverage for the team without requiring overnight shifts.
This role is remote, and English language fluency is a requirement.
What You Will Do:
- Work with our customers across a wide range of topics: from basic administration of TimescaleDB to deep consultative conversations around design, optimization, and implementation
- Manage support cases from beginning to end.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with our customers to help them be successful.
- Be curious, always willing to learn, and always looking for ways to improve our products, our processes, and our culture.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Relational DB experience at scale: administration, data modeling, query optimization
- Experience as a technical support professional with external customers.
- Strong aptitude to understand and learn new software products.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to express complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
Other Things that Will Help:
- Be familiar with TimescaleDB! You should download and test it out before you apply.
- Familiarity with broad cloud computing concepts and experience with AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with Relational databases, NoSQL databases, and data modeling tools.
- Familiarity with Postgresql, including best practices, Query Plan analysis, backup/restore, migrations, etc
- A strong sense of curiosity and a willingness to wade into the unknown and learn as you go.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits