About the role
FireHydrant is excited to be hiring a Technical Support Engineer to support our growing Customer Success & Support team. The person in this role will play a critical part in our customer’s experience in utilizing FireHydrant solutions. You will become a trusted partner to FireHydrant users as you troubleshoot technical issues, investigate to resolve tickets, and address bugs.
The work you’ll do:
- Partner with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Assist with installation and configuration of FireHydrant and its integrations
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges
- Complete detailed reports listing requests to technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved
- Assist management in creating training materials and documentation pertaining to product troubleshooting and usage
- Act as the initial point of contact for product related concerns from clients or other employees
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience in a heavy customer facing position involving technical knowledge of a companies’ products and services
- Familiarity with working in and assisting others through company help desk software, such as Zendesk
- Extensive experience working with APIs, different operating systems, & tools
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients
- Experience installing and configuring applications/integrations for a large company
- Accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services
- Bonus points for: Industry-specific certification in relevant computer languages or software
FireHydrant is building the only platform focused on site reliability. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so companies can take control of their complex system, reduce downtime for their customers, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, with our physical headquarters in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Wellness program (in every form it takes): reimbursements for your fitness membership, therapy sessions. athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $100,000 to $120,000 depending on leveling.
- FireHydrant requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations provided based on medical need or religious belief.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.