Join a tight-knit, fast-growing team on the leading edge of open-core, cloud infrastructure technology. We’re looking for a Technical Success Manager to delight our users—Kubernetes users, development teams, and Finance leadership alike—and keep their needs at the top of our priorities. As the second member of our Technical Success team, you’ll have the opportunity to own customer relationships end-to-end, from leading onboarding sessions and tracking feature requests to measuring sentiment and reporting on key metrics. You’ll work closely with Sales and Product to act as the voice of the user, and collaborate with our Technical Success Lead to build a world-class Success organization. We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about cloud infrastructure, our product, and users as we are—as one of our first 20 teammates, you’ll have the opportunity to drive the future of our product roadmap and make a meaningful impact on our users’ Kubernetes adoption journey.
Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we’re dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results. We recently raised our Series A—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction!
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Effectively manage onboarding by understanding the goals, timelines, and milestones of the customer.
- Drive implementations to completion through proactive engagement and close collaboration with Support.
- Track and report issues, and participate in issue triage and prioritization alongside the Product team.
- Work side by side with Product and subject matter experts to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Collaborate with Sales on a repeatable renewal and expansion pipeline.
- Monitor the overall health of our customers, tracking relevant metrics and escalating when necessary.
- Leverage your technical background to understand high-level engineering and infrastructure concepts as they apply to our product features.
- Play a key role in building the foundation of our Success team through major projects like mapping the customer journey and developing periodic review cadences and scripts.
- Embrace ambiguity and take on responsibilities outside your normal duties and/or comfort zone.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A healthy dose of both technical and customer-facing experience (preferably in the infrastructure monitoring and/or Kubernetes space).
- Familiarity with the SaaS customer journey and a proven track record of successfully managing a portfolio of 30-50 enterprise accounts.
- Demonstrable clarity of thought and top-notch organizational skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a positive, solution-oriented mindset.
- An appetite to constantly be learning and working with emergent, exciting technology.
- Impeccable communication abilities (written, verbal, and presentation) and unassailable judgement.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to talk to a variety of stakeholders—both technical and executive.
- We evaluate our pay scales on a semiannual basis to ensure competitiveness with the upper end of the market for comparably-sized companies, and maintain equitable and transparent compensation policies and processes. Placement within the range will be based on skillset and experience.
- The range for this position is: $120k-$150k
- The equity compensation for this position is 0.05% – 0.15%
Launch & learn—We are resourceful, biased toward action/experimentation, and value a growth mindset.
Strive for excellence, get results—We aim high & take pride in our work, but maintain focus on progress, not perfection.
Context, not control—We believe in empowered decision-making through transparency, flexibility & data.
Welcome diversity—We celebrate and embrace our differences! Aside from being an Equal Opportunity Employer, we place a high value on inviting new perspectives & a broad range of backgrounds and experiences; we are inclusive and seek to create a psychologically safe environment for all teammates; we disagree respectfully.
Celebrate contribution—We maintain a deep commitment to making open source contributions; we are community-oriented; we give and take feedback with grace.
Love the user—We are curious about the end user experience & sensitive to their needs, no matter who the end user of our work is.
Be an awesome communicator—We think clearly, communicate directly, and focus on quality; we listen with empathy and the desire to understand.
Read about our culture, current policies, and benefits at handbook.kubecost.io
🏥 100% paid health insurance for employees, 50% paid for dependents
🦷 75% paid dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% paid for dependents
💻 $3000 equipment stipend every three years to trick out your remote work setup
🖇 Shared office space reimbursed up to $400/month
🗓 Take what you need PTO (we mean it, and we model it!)
🎉 11 company-paid holidays
🐣 12 weeks paid new parent leave
💚 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
✈️ Company-sponsored opportunities to travel and gather with your teammates at events, all-hands retreats, “co-working weeks”, and more
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.