We believe there is a place for open, safe and honest discourse in the world. We want to be the home and driving force for this discussion and change. The Doe was founded to evolve discussion on the web by creating cultural change through an open-minded community of storytellers, visionaries and those with unique perspectives that need to be heard.
The Technical Project Manager will work with our talented Engineering team to operationalize and manage the dev and product workstreams to ensure the team initiatives are being properly organized and managed. This role’s key responsibilities include serving as the SCRUM master, sprint planning, managing and updating the Jira projects, evangelizing and improving processes, implementing new productivity tools, and product roadmap planning. Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, a creative problem solver, and a multi-tasker who has strong leadership skills, is exceptionally organized, and has excellent time management skills.
- Location: Remote
- Status: Full-Time
- Hours: Can commit to hours around the 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. MST time frame
- Eligible to work in the United States
- 3+ years experience working in a project management role managing the full development life cycle of complex digital projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Proven ability to author clear user stories from raw business requirements and designs.
- Experience building user flows and data flows to help communicate the steps taken by a user to achieve a goal and the flow of data through a process or a system.
- Strong knowledge of and a passion for learning how mobile apps, websites, and emerging technologies are used as a means to consume and create digital media.
- Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools, processes, and technologies.
- Highly organized and process-driven. You can’t live without checklists!
- Desire to work with smart, like-minded people who share your values around innovation and life-long learning.
- Self-motivated, “get it done” attitude and ability to lead projects with diverse clients and internal teams across a range of products and features.
- Ability to learn on-the-fly in a fast-paced environment, take and give direction, and implement creative solutions through collaboration.
- Value an environment of psychological safety and diversity of thought.
- Expert in Scrum, RUP, or another iterative methodology. Bonus points for being a certified Scrum Master.
- Deep knowledge of Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence).
- Co-Lead engineering team to be high performing for speed, accuracy, and collaboration across all delivery touch points
- Assist in writing end-user documentation to guide internal teams on how to use and manage the CMS while anticipating questions or difficulties that may arise.
- Co-Develop User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, and Product Test Plans competency.
- Interface with the Product Owner to understand, refine, and document requirements.
- Report on Sprint progress and project timelines.
- Communicate all product and development updates through timely release notes.
- Develop, propose, maintain, and execute against comprehensive project plans for Product and Engineering teams.
- Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers by assigning deliverables, communicating expectations, and managing the work to completion
- Engage with Executive team to provide technical feasibility, level of effort, cost, and manage constraints
- Serve as Scrum Master for the development team by grooming Jira with the product and dev leads, scoping and prioritizing deliverables, facilitating stand-ups, and tracking progress through sprints.
- Lead and oversee efforts to build and release products and features defined in the Product Roadmap.
- Manage day-to-day project activities to include status, emails, schedules, scope, risks, deliverables, and resources.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and costs.
This is not your typical magazine or editorial company. We’re looking for someone who wants to help reinvent publishing from the ground up; someone who recognizes the urgent need for verified but anonymous contributions to our cultural conversation and who is not afraid to think boldly.