Technical Producers in the Production Support department are responsible for developing and reviewing technical specifications for website work and ensuring that day-to-day operations run smoothly. Technical Producers act as a liaison for clients’ web marketing teams and Velir’s technical delivery team. Technical Producers actively participate in the entire support development lifecycle over extended periods. Technical Producers work closely with internal team members to identify challenges and recommend solutions. Technical Producers are knowledgeable about web and content management systems standards and best practices and work to apply these standards to solve a client’s business needs.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
- Partner with account team to create, maintain and promote successful client relationships
- Manage all development phases of ongoing support engagements from requirements gathering through deployment
- Gather business and functional requirements with client stakeholders
- Document requirements and requested changes
- Facilitate approval of requirements
- Present solutions and recommendations based on client objectives
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions and generate ideas for client campaigns and web sites
- Write clear and concise test cases for QA
- Validate development work against requirements and lead client demonstrations
- Lead project budgeting, planning, scheduling, contract adherence, risk management, and execution within budget and schedule
Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Ability to manage multiple, ongoing project timelines and/or support Account Directors with larger projects/budgets
- Must have moderate understanding of web development technologies (CMS, .NET, HTML/CSS/JS) but not necessarily the ability to program
- Working knowledge of scoping & estimate creation
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and manage project schedules and budgets
- Knowledge of web design and development lifecycles
- Familiarity with user experience concepts and web development trends
Experience and Education
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing web projects
- Experience using development management systems, ideally JIRA and Atlassian toolset
- Experience working with content management systems from a delivery and editing standpoint
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Take the Long View – Ensure the company is built to last
- Be Courageous – Make the right decisions even when they aren’t the easiest decisions
- Be Genuine – Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
- Work with Focus + Passion – Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.