Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. We’re looking for an efficient and empathetic communicator to craft answers to customer emails, document technical issues, collaborate with our product and engineering teams, and enable our users to have the best possible experience.
In this role, you will:
- Provide ongoing support to teachers and students through our email-based ticketing system (Zendesk)
- Become an expert on our product and serve as our customers’ primary point of contact for troubleshooting and general product inquiries
- Advocate for NoRedInk’s users and work with our product and engineering teams to eliminate pain points and squash bugs
- Implement process improvements to streamline our delivery of customer support
- Author and maintain our Help Center articles
- Track and analyze data on support issues and feature requests
- Serve as a resource for internal teams with questions about the product
- You currently reside in Mountain or Pacific Time Zone
- You have 1+ years of experience providing email-based customer support for a SaaS company
- You have experience creating user-facing product documentation
- You’re a skilled troubleshooter, able to thoughtfully problem solve, accurately diagnose issues, and thoroughly document information to help us eliminate user pain points
- You have a strong interest in education and an ability to deeply empathize with teachers and students
- You have extremely strong written communication skills
- You’re organized and attentive to detail
- You’re tech-savvy and familiar with a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Macintosh, Android, and iOS
- You want to work at a small startup as part of a dedicated and talented team moving through uncharted teaching territory
Bonus points if…
- You have experience using Zendesk
- You have experience working in education
- You have experience with data analysis
What NoRedInk Offers:
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. and Canada Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- Consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids’ interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
Check out our press page, including our 2-minute pitch on NBC and articles in The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.