Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
As a Talent Manager at Upwork, you will be partnering with Talent Solutions and Sales leaders, as well as cross-functional partners, to grow and evolve the dynamic talent base for our Enterprise, Fortune 500, and high-value Marketplace clients. You will build, curate, and manage a talent pool of potential candidates for incredible opportunities. You will help provide cross-functional direction to your teammates, in order to gather hard-to-find talent and pursue ambitious requests; and you will collaborate to discuss bottlenecks, brainstorm solutions, and provide updates on current open requisitions. You will help guide the Talent Management and Expert-Vetted Talent programs alongside your department leads.
- Manage team pools by building relationships with and crafting communities of top talent by evaluating their profiles and skills while enabling their success on Upwork
- Bring a top-tier, subject-matter expert level of knowledge for various staffing niches, abilities, and industries
- Manage multiple recruiting cases at a time and actively provide partners with timely updates
- Manage talent requests to ensure that SLAs are met and that delivery expectations and are reasonably set
- Develop a comprehensive, scalable, and effective talent acquisition and retention strategy
- Lead talent strategy meetings with clients and cross-functional partners and offer recommendations while voicing support for Upwork’s values and benefits to your applicants to make them thrilled about working on our site and passionate about our mission
- Help conceptualize, brainstorm, and guide Talent Management and Expert-Vetted Talent leaders to elevate and evolve our talent and client-centric programs
- Support and guide cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, Communications,, and others) where program services intersect
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A demonstrated, robust track record in the world of staffing as a subject-matter-expert within design & creative skill sets, styles, and terminology
- Ability to autonomously look at creative portfolios and evaluate quality of work
- Have a curiosity about developing prescriptive staffing solutions strategies on various niche roles and industries, while retaining and building upon a forward-thinking understanding of the skills involved and knowledge of emerging talent trends and language
- Have a robust understanding and capability to work with strict SLAs to support discerning clients simultaneously while collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Have a bias towards action mentality and work ethic to contribute towards improving internal staffing strategies, cross-functional partnerships, client enablement, and procurement efforts
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.