mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Softbank Vision Fund, Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a mission-driven product studio building meaningful products people love.
The Customer Support team at mmhmm is responsible for being a pivotal part in product improvements, by identifying common problems and points of confusion and ensuring that those issues are prioritized by the product team. The primary goals are to become product experts, gather quantifiable customer feedback and to create an exceptional customer experience from start to finish.
mmhmm is looking for a Support Engineer to join our fast growing team. As a Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for being on the front lines of all customer communication. You’ll use your expert-level knowledge of the mmhmm product to help customers and provide tangible feedback to our product teams. In addition to your day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to overarching Support Team initiatives, such as the creation of training programs & documentation, training current and future employees, writing for the public-facing Help Center and continuously improving our processes as a team as we scale. Your success will be measured by product enhancements, customer happiness, and achievement of personal and team goals.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast paced startup environment where there are opportunities to wear many hats and contribute to multiple projects. This role will require a high level of technical acumen, time management skills, critical thinking, strong communication skills, and a passion for advocating for the product and for our customers.
- 7am – 4pm EST
You’ll be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for our users when they need help or have questions, providing solutions and creating a world class support experience
- Taking a consultative approach to problem-solving, helping our customers become acclimated with the mmhmm app so they can quickly see the benefit of utilizing the app
- Maintaining fantastic written communication skills while being a product, use-case, and mmhmm expert
- Demonstrating autonomy, patience, empathy, resourcefulness and high technical acumen
- Being the liaison between our customers and the product team; documenting and escalating customer and internal issues appropriately, collecting feedback, troubleshooting and being able to effectively communicate with both customers and our internal developer team
Ideally, you’ll have:
- 1+ years of experience in providing customer support via email and live chat
- Technical software and hardware troubleshooting aptitude and experience
- Experience with working on a fully distributed team
- Experience with both Mac and Windows operating systems
- A desire to thrive in a challenging environment and enjoy helping people
- A self-starter mentality with a goal to make a direct, tangible impact on a rapidly growing product and company
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills
- A passion for collaborating with a customer-centric team
This Support Engineer role is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Customer Support Manager. This role can be based in any location [within the US/globally]. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.