To help us grow to support hundreds of thousands of college students across the country, Edquity is seeking a part-time Student Support Representative to join the Student & Customer Success team. This position is a vital, student-facing role at Edquity, and is ultimately responsible for making college students using the Edquity product feel heard and cared for, and helping them access the tools and information they need to improve their financial security. This role will work closely with the Head of Student and Partner Success and our current Student Support Representatives. In addition to supporting students, this role will also have some responsibility appropriately interacting with practitioners at various Edquity college partners to ensure students are fully provided for and set up for success. The part-time Student Support Representative will work at least 16 hours per week with the potential to pick up additional coverage shifts. The shift for this role will include weekends and evenings.
- Provide support to students, which includes real-time conversations via live chat, email, and telephone.
- Triage support tickets in a timely manner while effectively prioritizing customer needs and also managing the escalation process with the appropriate internal departments
- Serve as an ambassador of the company while positively representing Edquity’s values and mission, conveying sensitivity to a variety of basic needs insecurities students might be facing
- Become a product expert in order to effectively contribute to the ongoing creation and updating of product documentation, external facing FAQs, and support materials
- Run relevant reports around student interaction with the Edquity product, including with regard to emergency aid application and funds received
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer service, community support, or a direct student support role
- An understanding of and passion for our product and the problems it works to solve for college students facing basic needs insecurities
- A high level of empathy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to help students
- A high level of attention to detail in order to provide technical troubleshooting and customer support using chat (via tools like Intercom or Zendesk), phone,email, and/or social media
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with the ability to embrace change and show good judgment
- Track record of professional and effective verbal and written communication with customers
- Flexibility with hours and willingness to work nights and weekends (remotely).
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company based in Brooklyn, NY that helps colleges improve students’ basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a white-labeled mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, receive personalized financial management, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students need Edquity more than ever, and Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can support millions of students during this terrible crisis.
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.