Strategic Account Manager
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Upwork Strategic Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to enterprises. As a Strategic Account Manager, your mission is to build long-term relationships with an existing portfolio of strategic accounts at Upwork! Your account management experience, consultative sales approach, SaaS experience or staffing program expertise will provide you the tools or success in this high profile position.
- Forge relationships with key decision makers within target accounts with the end goal of securing new business and growing overall client revenue.
- Find opportunities to broaden the scope of services within existing customer base while delivering outstanding service to our customers to retain existing business.
- Stay current on our clients’ business, industry, and key objectives and challenges so that you can be a trusted ally and make informed recommendations.
- Provide thought leadership to the client through best practice presentations, cost savings recommendations, diversity measures, reporting.
- You are the specialist on the features, advantages, and benefits of Upwork’s entire suite of enterprise products/solutions, services, and offerings!
- Develop new business across multiple products and solutions by expanding to additional client departments and division
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience with account planning and mapping
- Experience in staffing or SaaS industry experience in a sales or account management role
- Experience managing Fortune 500 customers
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to foster strong partnerships both internally and externally
- Proven track record of success and expansion
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.