We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Strategic Account Manager for our Sales Team. As a Strategic Account Manager, you will be working directly with our customers to ensure they are getting the most out of our software by driving impact and developing strong relationships between your customers and dscout. This role will focus on revenue retention and growth within your book of business by demonstrating value via your product expertise and understanding of use cases.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Grow strategic relationships with our most valuable customers by renewing, upselling and cross-selling dscout products and services. Partner with our customer success (what we call Customer Experience & Research, or CXR), and product teams to deliver great product experiences.
- Deeply understand customer goals and help them meet their objectives by providing strategic recommendations on our platform’s best practices, use cases, and organizational workflow.
- Develop onboarding plans, lead and facilitate kick-off sessions, and appropriately set and manage support and delivery expectations.
- Create and deliver programs and tactics that will lead to increased impact on revenue.
- Engage with key influencers and decision makers across different teams within the customer’s organization, focusing on growth becoming their trusted advisor and consultant.
- Conduct business process reviews and goal-setting meetings.
What you need to have (let’s call them Desired Skills and Background):
- Minimum 4+ years working in an account management role.
- Minimum 3+ years working for Software as a Service (SaaS) company.
- Minimum 3+ years in quota carrying role.
- Amazing written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills with internal and external teams.
- Detail oriented. You have a keen eye for detail and care deeply about consistency.
What is nice to have (let’s call them Additional Skills):
- Be a proven relationship builder. You have excellent people skills, are a natural leader, and have experience consulting and influencing customers, up to the executive level.
- You love to lead meetings and influence others. You know your audience and can communicate effectively while translating technical ideas to non-technical people and inspire people to try new things.
- Be (or be willing to become) an expert in research trends, stay informed of data-driven industry news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
- You are able to meet and organize around many moving parts, appropriately set and manage expectations and still have fun along the way.
- You think on a strategic level and act tactically. You love evaluating things from a high level, but also have a technical curiosity and enjoy working directly with products
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and able to operate autonomously. You demonstrate the ability to launch an initiative, take ownership and follow through.
- A confident cross-functional team player: working to keep people from multiple disciplines aligned toward the same goal.
- Experience working in a software company that also offers professional services.
dscout is a team full of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we look for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today, and we are excited to build our future with you.
It doesn’t just stop there. When you join the dscout team, you will get:
* A strong and competitive compensation package with a built-in bonus and equity program.
* An incredible and progressive benefits package to support work/life balance includes flexible PTO, 11 company holidays, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and much more.
* A company that is open and transparent with our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
* An education stipend to support your growth & development. As you grow, we grow.
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We’ll do all we can to ensure you’re set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including accommodation requests. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
dscout participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
NOTE: DSCOUT NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER, OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM DSCOUT.COM