The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
At its core, Ideon is a technology and data company. The Ideon engineering team plays a central role in building APIs that are transforming the health insurance industry. We’re an agile team that seeks to constantly improve our skills and process. We build high quality code through TDD, pair programming, code review, static analysis and documented best practices. We ensure we’re building the right thing in collaboration with the Product team through product inceptions, architecture reviews and roadmap prioritization. We’re looking for engineers who are excited about working on hard problems and contributing to our shared culture.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports into an Engineering Manager. #LI-Remote
In this role you will:
- Build and expand our healthcare data platform and member management solution.
- Write high quality code through various channels and in collaboration with the Product team.
- Have a high degree of autonomy and influence on the culture and direction of the technical organization.
- Improve engineering standards and processes.
- Mentor junior engineers.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Care deeply about your software development craft and writing high quality code.
- Have experience in designing, building and maintaining APIs.
- At least 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Have a high degree of proficiency in Ruby.
- Thrive in highly collaborative engineering teams.
- Emphasize transparent and positive communication.
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Ideon requires COVID-19 vaccination for anyone onsite at an Ideon space (full-time or otherwise). Per policy, the company will make every effort to find reasonable accommodations or exemptions for medical and religious reasons.