Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Staff Security Engineer at Billie you will:
- Create and maintain a plan for security within Billie with associated docs
- These would be the source of truth for auditing etc.
- Proactively detect and fix common OWASP issues in our systems, focussing on our API based products.
- Coach and train our engineers on security standards, methods, and architecture
- Consulting with product managers in order to prioritise security concerns
- Assess, and, at times, build, security tools alongside the SRE team.
- set up secure environments for our customers that our engineers can easily work within.
- Setup and run a VDP
- Work closely with our CiSO and Tech Product Manager in driving change
Essentially, being the point of reference for security, and setting the future direction of security within Billie
IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WORKING IN REGULATED ENVIRONMENTS.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Ability to communicate clearly to non technical staff on security / technical issues.
- Working experience in applying standards and frameworks, such as NIST CSF, ISO27001.
- Familiarity with security libraries, controls, and common flaws that apply to JVM and PHP applications.
- Practical experience with Threat Modelling approaches/tooling e.g. Microsoft Threat Modelling.
- Prior experience in applying defence-in-depth techniques to cloud based solutions, preferably on AWS.
- Working Okta knowledge with all the different auth implementations that go with that.
- Can setup and monitor processes to find, and remove, vulnerable code and libraries.
- An understanding of how to write code, that is not only secure, but scales to a large number of users and systems.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Billie is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in our workplace. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost motivation and team creativity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, gender, political views, beliefs, sexual orientation, color, disability status, or any other demographic factors.