BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Walmart, Oscar Health and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
Headquartered in New York City, with a product and engineering office in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S., BetterCloud has raised $187 million to date.
Have you spent time working with scalable environments or figuring out how to get overloaded systems to scale? Do you care deeply about the quality and precision of the products you deliver to your customers? Do you geek out at parties about API design? Is mentoring the next generation of amazing talented engineers your jam? If that’s you, we’d like to talk to you about BetterCloud and the journey we’re on to see if we should journey together.
As a member of the API Squad at BetterCloud, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of building a new team that will transform how our application meets the high performance and scalable needs that our customers require. In turn, you will bring your expertise in design, architecture and collaboration
- Hands-on expert level coding experience in Java and Spring/Spring Boot
- Expert-level experience building highly scalable software solutions
- Proven senior-level experience implementing and optimizing highly performant and scalable APIs.
- Demonstrated experience implementing monitoring and alerting solutions for past software projects.
- Strong experience debugging high traffic messaging applications
- Familiarity with using POCs and demonstrable code to deliver fully functional incrementally over time.
- Demonstrated experience with streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Proven experience with and pub/sub messaging system
- Experience in scalable environments (especially with Kubernetes)
- Practical experience with cloud technologies such as GCP or AWS
- Experience leading a team of engineers through medium to large scale solutions as a Staff or Lead Engineer.
- Previous experience driving engineering best practices within your team and the organization
- Self-starter with an ability to manage multiple technical projects in parallel
- Experience in GraphQL and gRPC a bonus
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Principal Software Engineer to develop the next generation of API platform
- Engage engineers to build the squad’s technical chops over time
- Establish standards and best practices to apply to all teams working with API’s across the company
- Document all aspects of your implementation to ensure information is spread throughout the organization
- Be fun and driven to build an open and humble culture while also being honest and forthcoming about challenges and ideas that make us a stronger community
- Promote a blame-free culture by learning from and iterating on innovative solutions
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Full benefits package
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote – Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents BetterCloud’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $189,000 – 210,000
This salary range represents BetterCloud’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of posting, and BetterCloud may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. The final salary for this position will be determined in BetterCloud’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law, and based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the employee’s work experience, skills, and qualifications for the role, as well as the needs of BetterCloud’s business and other operational considerations.
Overview of BetterCloud Benefits:
- Health benefits package (including medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- PTO (sick leave, parental leave, vacation benefits)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health Resources
- Stock Options