Bitso is organized by many Tribes (product verticals), which contain fleets, macro sub-divisions by product, technology and feature affinity, and the fleets contain squads dedicated to the execution, quality, and delivery. Alpha Tribe is responsible and accountable for Bitso Alpha, the trading platform of Bitso. The success of Alpha has a direct impact on our customers and on the exponential growth of the company.
As part of Alpha, you will join the team building next generation exchange trading infrastructure, which will support the exponential growth of the company. This is a highly technical hands-on role, requiring deep knowledge in Computer Science combined with practical software development experience and leadership abilities.
- Understand the requirements of Bitso’s products.
- Design and implement software tests.
- Help and correct bugs on the platform.
- Have knowledge of the operation of cryptocurrencies.
- Drive new feature development.
- Architect systems and improvement to scale our product and platforms.
- Ship code for high growth, high visibility markets, every day, for hundreds of thousands of users.
- Write a high-performance code designed for scale.
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange, In a trading platform.
- Design the trading platform in a way which is able to process high volumes of order.
- Implement the trading platform with high quality of code.
- Continually optimize the performance of our trading platform.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of working experience.
- Java 8 or above (streams, lambdas, optionals).
- Low latency and high concurrency system design, for instance e-commerce website or payment gateway.
- Experience in trading platforms
- Spring Boot, Micronaut, or some other microservices framework.
- Relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- NoSQL databases (Redis, Mongo).
- Some PHP knowledge is desirable but not required.
- Certain notions of distributed systems: back pressure, observability, fault tolerance, concurrency, redundancy, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we want our team members to be owners of the company. Therefore, as we all together crave for the success of our business, you will be eligible to participate in our stock option plan!
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.