The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
About Finance and Accounting at Ideon
Ideon is seeking a Staff Accountant within Ideon’s corporate accounting function. This is a newly created position that will support the financial operations of a company in the process of doubling in headcount. This is a hands-on position with broad exposure where you will partner with and learn from the Vice President of Finance to evolve existing financial processes and own day to day financial operations. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic professional looking to further their accounting experience, take on increasing responsibility, and grow with Ideon. #LI-Remote
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for adhering to accounting defined accounting policies, posting transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Support and own elements of process and system transformation within the Finance department.
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Assist with PBC (prepared by client) deliverables for external auditors.
- Comply with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, Delaware franchise and other applicable taxes.
- Adhere to developed internal controls.
- Create expense reports and reconcile bank statements.
- Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist month-end and year-end closures.
- Prepare documents for audits.
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
We’d love to talk if you:
- Have 3-5+ years of increasing accounting and financial systems experience, with a public accounting firm or in the private sector.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business.
- Have strong systems skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Thrive while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Required: knowledge in QuickBooks, spreadsheets, accounting close process.
- Nice to have: knowledge of Bill.com, ADP payroll, Xactly, Zurora.
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Ideon requires COVID-19 vaccination for anyone onsite at an Ideon space (full-time or otherwise). Per policy, the company will make every effort to find reasonable accommodations or exemptions for medical and religious reasons.