Woven Planet is building mobility for a safer, happier and sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota’s legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people from cars to smart cities.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy and elevate well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
To support our endeavors, we’re looking for exceptional technical program management talent to add to our Unified Basemap team that is focused on growing, driving and executing quality processes for software and data products that support next generation maps for autonomous vehicles. As a Sr TPM you will work on the most exciting and challenging mapping products around. We are looking for someone who loves diving deep into complex technical projects and creating order. You will get the opportunity to help define how we effectively work together to deliver on complex, cross-team projects and be part of a great team working to create Autonomous Driving maps for the world.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- Work in ambiguous circumstances and take large, complex projects from conception to individual manageable pieces which can be tracked and delivered on
- Work with our technical managers and product team to build efficient processes that help achieve our objectives
- Analyze, plan and develop templates and standards in reference to planning documents
- Ensure team members are actively working toward established milestones and metrics.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following (required)
- You have 5+ years of experience in technical leadership positions and possess the ability to predict challenges and proactively head-off obstacles.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of agile processes, strategies and methods.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills along with experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills – including the development/delivery of executive presentations..
- You have worked with multiple stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment.
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience
- You have experience working in multiple time zones with multiple teams
- You have experienced building and delivering global scale mapping products.
- You have successfully managed multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience with mapping, spatial data or associated toolsets
Benefits & Perks
We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
Attractive cash compensation package
Competitive compensation package
Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
Backup child/elder care
Monthly home office stipend
Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle, and San Francisco areas are strongly preferred.*
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.