In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Talent Acquisition teams find, attract, and hire the world’s greatest minds to join Uber.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Sourcer to support multiple business lines and scale Uber Freight hiring across North America. You will partner with recruiting and hiring managers to build teams across our multifaceted region and advise on hiring strategies to hire the right people for every job where they can make the biggest impact. You may also have the opportunity to work on strategic projects to improve and innovate how we attract and recruit the best talent because we know that there’s always a better way!
What You’ll Do
- Has a solid understanding of supporting organizations (e.g Regional, Lines of Business, etc.) and knows how these organizations fit into Uber’s business strategy
- Proactively pulls hiring metrics from various sources and can speak to trends beyond the requisition and speak broadly to the market, line of business, or industry
- Comfortably drives conversation with the business about data insights, optimally able to influence senior stakeholders with relevant data
- Expertly handles objections and raises complex cases to Manager and/or Recruiter when needed
- Uses external knowledge to forecast trends and identify the impact on their supporting line of business
- Proactively pitches how the candidate’s skills and motivations are a fit for a particular team (both to the candidate and to the hiring team)
- Has a solid understanding of talent distribution via talent mapping, and uses knowledge to tailor effective pipelining strategies
- Passionately push for results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company goals
- Ensure a phenomenal candidate experience for all — you will establish teams and processes with excellent candidate experience as a crucial priority
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Communications, or similar preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in sourcing or recruiting
- Experience in sourcing or full-cycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment
- Previous corporate recruiting experience is a plus
- Experience working with funnel data and using it to guide hiring decisions
- Has partnered with a wide variety of clients, including senior-level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates
- Has experience hiring in an organization passionate about encouraging a diverse workforce
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.