Timescale is building the world’s next great database company on top of industry-standard PostgreSQL, and we need your help! As a test automation engineer you will design and implement tooling, frameworks, and systems for writing, running tests, and reporting/analyzing test results. You will Implement test scenarios from component level to system tests including testing integration of our database solution with other systems (managed service, cloud).
Timescale is a 100% remote organization, with engineers throughout the world; this is a full-time position.
What You’ll Do
As a test engineer in the Database Test Platform team you will design and implement tooling, frameworks, and systems for writing, running tests and reporting/analyzing test results. You will Implement test scenarios from component level to system tests including testing integration of our database solution with other systems (managed service, cloud).
You will work closely with our core database developers, ensuring a consistent, high-quality release cycle. You will work to ensure that we find bugs and issues before the product is released to customers. You will also work with engineers to provide tooling and processes that will ensure the delivery of quality code.
- Design and implement infrastructure to drive test automation. Continually improve, optimize, and test the system that you build.
- Collaborate with our SRE team to provide scalable, secure, and still cost-effective testing infrastructure.
- Design and develop easy-to-use frameworks for database engineers to write and execute integration tests.
- Ensure test result management by generating test automation reports, creating dashboards for analysis, and trend tracking.
- Design and develop Release Tests Suites that validate artifacts in different environments and for all the platforms we support.
- Design and implement performance and benchmarking infrastructure and tools.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Experience with designing and writing test automation pipelines and scripts.
- Good communication skills verbally and in writing.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as GitHub Actions, and Jenkins.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving while being a relentless advocate of the “quality mindset”
- Experience working with cloud services (AWS would be ideal)
- Confidence in Linux environments
- Experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, GoLang
- Experience working in a fully-remote environment
- Experience in SQL (especially PostgreSQL) is highly desirable (but not required).
- Experience with Quality Assurance of database systems (especially PostgreSQL)
- Experience with performance testing and benchmarking
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes)
- Experience working with cross-platform codebases (Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)
- Working in an Agile Software development environment
- ISTQB certification
- Experience in C programming and debugging tools (reading stack traces, function pointers, and data structures)
- Understanding of C memory management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits