Pathwire is looking for a Sr. Product Security Engineer to help build additional security functionality into our products and tools! This team partners with Engineering to proactively identify and remediate security vulnerabilities, conduct penetration tests, and serve as subject matter experts in the security space.
- Maintain a solid understanding of ongoing security threats and potential impacts to our products.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for general security questions from the engineering organization.
- Mentor junior product security engineers.
- Assist the engineering organization’s security initiatives by leading design reviews and threat modeling sessions.
- Participate in our incident response and vulnerability management operations.
- Assist the team by writing code to automate repetitive tasks using a variety of technologies.
- Understand how to perform black-box penetration testing and code reviews of our products and services.
- Help evaluate reports from our bug bounty program.
- 5+ years of proven experience of application or product security work, penetration testing, and software development.
- Knowledge of application security best practices, common pitfalls, and mitigations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to effectively communicate security, compliance, and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- In depth knowledge of security best practices
- Familiarity with Python, Go, AWS, PHP.
- Ability to not only research but also implement security standard methodologies
- Experience with pentesting tools such as Burp Suite, MITMproxy, ZAP, etc.
- Experience building and deploying in a SaaS cloud environment(GCP, AWS)
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
(*Colorado Only*) Minimum salary of $124,000 + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.