Sr. Mobile and Web UI Designer
Raken was founded in 2014 under the premise that well-managed projects start with the field. By creating the easiest-to-use field app, Raken helps construction crews provide real-time updates directly from the jobsite—giving the office employees better insights and visibility into every project. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Raken is used by more than 4,700 construction companies worldwide for daily reports, production tracking, safety documentation, and more.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team. Successful candidates must have a passion for delivering great products and a willingness to work with customers to learn new ways of solving problems and delivering innovation. You must present a strong portfolio that represents both experience and capabilities.
The ideal candidate is someone who is always striving for ways to improve our product by leveraging customer interviews, business needs, UX techniques, and analytics. We are looking for individuals who obsess on delighting our customers and influence our pursuit of creating great software.
Why Join Raken?
- Raken is a rapidly growing company based in Carlsbad, CA with over 4,500 customers across 92 countries
- We were recognized on the Forbes 2020 list of America’s Best Startup Employers and are ranked no. 1057 on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Companies
- We are consistently ranked as a High Performer for construction management solutions on notable review sites like G2, Capterra, and Software Advice
- Raken is a company that believes in investing in its employees – offering Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage, 401k Matching, and Paid Learning and Development Programs.
- Our Culture is Top Priority – We have a hardworking team that loves to make a significant positive impact and have fun while doing it. Core Values we live by: Take Ownership, Keep Evolving, Stay Balanced, Elevate Others, and Let’s Go!
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs through customer research, user-centered design, and collaboration with customer-facing teams
- Work closely with designers on your team to develop and expand product design systems
- Leverage design sprints framework to properly define problems, quantitative and qualitative research is done, and sketches/wireframes/prototypes are developed to ensure proper execution of work by engineers
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and development teams
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the product team and company leadership
- Own metrics and processes for measuring successful product usage, retention, and engagement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in user interface or visual design preferred
- 5+ years of relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
- Mobile application design experience. Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and user flows for mobile apps
- Expert to advanced knowledge of Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Basic understanding of Web, iOS, and Android front-end languages
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with cross-functional teams
- A quantifiable and verifiable track record of delivering design projects for a SaaS software company
- Demonstration of how you have solved complex problems using a customer-focused, design-first mindset
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
Qualities Needed to Be Successful in this Role:
- Passionate about reducing complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Expert in either UI, UX, research or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design
- Meticulous about the details and are excited to keep pushing your work until is pixel-perfect
- A holistic thinker. Able to step back and look at the entire system design. You can extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors with engineers and other designers
- Loves working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow. You are open to new ideas and ways of thinking that can result in disruptions to the construction industry.
- Ability to think big while understanding the impact of small decisions
- Relishes in how to take partially complete ideas to fully defined designs ready for execution
- Employee Sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Generous PTO, including 12 Paid Holidays
- 401k Matching
- Flexible working hours
- Continuing education reimbursement opportunities
- Free on-site gym membership and yoga classes
- Company provided MacBook Air
- Monthly Social Events (Happy Hours, Game nights, Lunch & Learns)
About Raken, Inc.:
Raken is a cloud-based, mobile field management platform for contractors. We enable superintendents, foreman, and project managers to streamline field workflows by creating accurate daily reports, time cards, material and equipment logs, toolbox talks, checklists and more in less time. We invite you to learn more about us: https://www.rakenapp.com/
Raken is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Raken does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.