Fama is an AI-based software solution that identifies problematic behavior among potential hires and current employees by analyzing publicly available online information. Enterprise HR and talent acquisition leaders trust Fama to identify abusive behaviors, such as bigotry and harassment, that are often missed in the hiring and management process. With Fama, organizations can now proactively protect their culture and brand from the sorts of risky behaviors that can draw down on innovation and expose a brand to liability. Founded in 2015, Fama is backed by some of the world’s leading venture capitalists and institutional investors and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
Fama Technologies is seeking a Senior Manager of Finance and Accounting to work closely with business partners and senior leadership to facilitate our rapid growth strategy. You will be responsible for working with the VP of Finance and partnering with the business to help them understand and manage their budgets and forecasts. You will also facilitate communications across the organization, delivering insightful analyses and reports to internal and external parties, and work closely with the accounting function to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Directly partner with and support the VP of Finance and senior executive leaders by providing executive-level advice, financial reporting, and summarizing information and recommendations that enable decision-making and evolving deliverables based on business needs
- Lead budgeting and financial planning, including annual planning, quarterly forecasts, and month-end processes
- Manage and oversee daily operations of the outsourced accounting team, including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, leases, month-end entries, etc
- Partner closely with accounting to support month-end, flux review, and financial reporting
- Prepare monthly management reporting — analyzing financial results, distilling key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and presenting key messages to senior leadership
- Continuously improve all financial processes and workflows, including leveraging software tools to drive accuracy and efficiency
- Oversee Federal and State tax reporting requirements, insurance reports, and other reports required by government regulation
- 6+ years of finance experience with increasing responsibility in financial planning and analysis, financial operations, accounting
- Experience building and executing a SaaS-based business model and a deep understanding of relevant KPIs (e.g. ARR, LTV, CAC, Recurring vs. Non-Recurring revenue, etc.)
- A strong point of view on the best technology systems, processes, and measures of success for building a high-performing finance department
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in enterprise ERP or accounting software. Experience with Quickbooks Online a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or equivalent practical experience, MBA/CPA a plus Significant Experience with Microsoft Excel, an excel wizard
- Experience working in a start-up and hyper-growth environment
- Previous start-up, Investment Banking, Audit, and Management Consulting experience is a plus Excellent people management, leadership, and development skills coupled with the ability to adjust to multiple demands, rapid changes, and shifting priorities are essential
- The highest standards of accuracy, organization, and precision, and the ability to think creatively and strategically while acting tactically
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Critical thinker and highly analytical; able to operate at both a strategic (big picture) and operational (small picture) level; strong business & financial acumen including tactical and strategic thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed analytical capabilities
We believe that becoming an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more successful and resilient organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster and preserve a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.