Skilljar is helping millions of people around the world gain job-relevant skills in a constantly evolving economy. We’re delivering business outcomes for our customers, innovating in an exciting new category, and driving impact to narrow the global skills gap!
We are seeking an experienced marketer to lead the demand generation function to drive predictable and scalable, quality pipeline creation and top-line revenue growth. We’re looking for an experienced practitioner, who possesses a strong understanding of account-based (ABX) approaches, pipeline velocity, digital marketing, content marketing, and effective campaign reporting and analysis.
The successful candidate will develop and implement the multi-channel acquisition marketing strategy, understand the customer lifecycle and buyer’s journey, and drive programs to progress that journey. You’ll be hands-on and have a broad scope of responsibility, supervising a range of channels, campaigns, and activities that drive demand. Plus you’ll have opportunities to build creatively, learn new skills, and stretch yourself at a scaling company.
- Design and implement integrated and target ABX campaigns, across email, digital, nurture programs, live and virtual event experiences (field events) to meet identified lead and pipeline targets. You will own these programs, including the strategy and execution.
- Lead a team of marketers that drive pipeline generation across channels, as well as new and existing business.
- Align GTM functions to understand their priorities and through campaigns and other initiatives, enable them to meet their objectives (pipeline targets and overall business goals). Maintain a feedback loop to identify areas of improvement.
- Effectively leverage insight on personas (buying process, media consumption) to develop successful campaigns.
- Forecast, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of all demand generation and awareness activities. Based on analysis, find opportunities to drive program efficiencies, improve campaigns to meet goals and accelerate prospects through the buyers’ journey.
- Synthesize quarterly and annual business objectives to create a well-aligned demand generation strategy with clearly defined messaging, metrics, budget, and benchmarks.
- Report on program activities on a monthly and quarterly basis, including cost per opportunity dollar, trends, conversion to opportunity rates, key pipeline drivers, contribution to the sales pipeline, value, etc. The right candidate is passionate about performance and impact.
- Partner with Marketing Ops to build and scale email nurture programs in HubSpot to drive responses and push qualified leads further down the funnel for conversion.
- Evaluate, select, and lead outside vendors that contribute to demand creation programs including direct marketing agencies, search engine optimization (SEO) experts and designers.
- 7-10 years experience designing and implementing B2B SaaS demand generation programs for mid-market and Enterprise accounts (200-5000+ EE), and at least 5 years managing a team.
- A deep understanding of the marketing funnel and have implemented successful ABX/campaign techniques, in close collaboration with Sales and Account Management, to drive value at each phase of the customer journey.
- Experience building multi-channel customer acquisition strategies, testing, optimizing, and scaling successful lead generation programs.
- Succeeded in a horizontal ICP (ideally to Revenue buying center) with multi-persona, multi-use case messaging.
- Ability to shift roles seamlessly between operating strategically and leading day-to-day tactical execution. Experience driving projects from conception to delivery.
- Strong analytical expertise to set measurable goals and evaluate campaign effectiveness.
- Great budget management and focus on value to improve our digital spend and optimize our marketing mix.
- Seasoned project management skills to effectively manage multiple projects with com timelines and prioritize tasks effectively.
- An entrepreneurial mentality about creating an engine that will drive growth for the company.
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation, CRM, ABM, and other key marketing software – preferably Hubspot, Salesforce, and 6sense.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of proven experience required.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Skilljar Base Pay Philosophy:
At Skilljar, we strive for salary range transparency in our hiring process. This is a major step towards not only complying with state and local regulations where required, but also to make sure Skilljar is putting pay equity and DEIB top of mind during the hiring process. Base salary is only a part of the total rewards package – this role will also be eligible for a new hire equity grant in the form of stock options, and a bonus. Below is the base salary range for this role:
San Francisco Bay Area: $132,000 – $169,000
Seattle, Portland OR, Austin TX, Denver CO, Other CA, NYC Metro Area, Chicago, Washington D.C.: $120,000 – $165,000
Other Remote US: $120,000 – $155,000
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Paid Parental Leave: For our employees starting or growing their families, Skilljar offers paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401(k) savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is now a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, New York and Virginia.