We’re looking for experienced DBaaS engineers to help us design, build, and maintain our fully-managed TimescaleDB database services. You should be an experienced software engineer, as well as have familiarity managing PostgreSQL or other similar relational databases in automated environments, along with the suite of reliability tools (HA, backup/restore, configuration management, etc.) that ensure a worry-free experience for users. You will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team, developing Golang services and features to power our platform, as well as working with our underlying Kubernetes infrastructure to ensure stability, security, and performance.
Timescale is an all-remote organization, open to candidates in all time zones. This is a full time position.
- Provide customers with stable, performant, and fully-managed PostgreSQL/TimescaleDB database instances running on our cloud platform
- Design, develop, and maintain a suite of advanced DBaaS features, providing a first-class developer experience with great ease-of-use
- Ensure reliable and frictionless database management, including for provisioning, reconfiguration, and software updates.
- Build tooling and documentation to help customers (both internal and external) quickly address common issues the moment they arise
- Provide subject-matter expertise on PostgreSQL and TimescaleDB for internal stakeholders, including other engineering teams and technical support team
- Communicate externally the challenges and solutions for running our DBaaS at scale via blog posts, conference talks, and other mediums.
- 3+ years software engineering experience in production environments
- Strong programming skills (we mostly use Go but are more concerned with good fundamentals)
- Knowledge of how PostgreSQL works, including security, replication, backups
- Experience deploying, operating, and managing production-level PostgreSQL or other database systems at scale (e.g., in “as-a-service” environment)
- Experience working with Kubernetes clusters in production environments
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Bonus for experience running PostgreSQL on Kubernetes
- Bonus for ability to write PostgreSQL extensions extra, including in Rust
- Bonus for deep knowledge of at least one major cloud provider, AWS preferred
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits