At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join and help grow our top notch Accounting team. The ideal candidate must be able to balance delivering exceptional performance in a fun, energetic and entrepreneurial environment.
The Senior Accountant will maintain the daily operations of the accounting department and participate in monthly closings, preparation of the monthly profit and loss statements, and will maintain balance sheet schedules and subsidiary ledgers for our Degree Business.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Prepare financial statements and month end reporting
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual close process, including preparation of journal entries and schedules, P&L review and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support SEC reporting, including preparing 10-K’s and 10-Q’s
- Collaborate with our business partners on a regular basis to ensure proper execution of revenue activities
- Produce monthly Profit and Loss statements
- Review and process the revenue in connection with our University Programs in accordance with ASC 606
- Compile and reconcile leasing schedules under ASC 842
- Design, test and run monthly allocations between departments and legal entities
- Prepare audit schedules and work closely with the auditors to ensure the completion of a timely audit
- Assist with Accounts Receivable workload
- Responsible for special projects/other miscellaneous and departmental related duties as necessary
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- 2-4 years of accounting experience required, experience in big 4 and/or public accounting strongly preferred
- Experience in service-based industry preferred
- Must have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills with experience using all MS Office applications; strong knowledge of Excel required
- Experience with Workday and Adaptive Planning software highly preferred
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Must be organized and possess the ability to multi-task
- Financial reporting experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and concise manner
- Focused on achieving defined results and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to bring out other people’s potential and talents
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($90,000-$100,000), with potential bonus. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there — we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.