At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, the Solutions Architect will own customer deployments in various cloud infrastructures and/or on-prem. Help with debugging when issues come up in the deployments and articulate best practices for using W&B effectively.
The Solutions Architect **will partner closely with Support, Product and Engineering teams to influence product roadmap based on customer feedback.
What you’ll achieve:
- Operations team to provision W&B services in their private cloud and on-prem environments.
- Work through a multitude of complex infrastructure implementations partnering with highly skilled client-engineers.
- Debug customer installations when things aren’t working properly.
- Be an expert in implementing effective, robust, and reproducible machine learning pipelines for ML-heavy engineering teams using Weights & Biases tools.
- Effectively articulate best practices for instrumenting machine learning pipelines to our customers as a trusted advisor.
- Partner with our customers to uncover their desired outcomes and be the trusted advisor to help them realize the full potential of W&B in solving their problem.
- Provide customer training sessions, product demos, and workshops covering best practices & different solutions W&B offers to drive adoption.
- Partner with Customer Success Managers to create processes for the post-sales lifecycle (Onboarding/Training, Adoption, Workshops, Demos, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with Support, Product and Engineering teams to influence product roadmap based on customer feedback.
- Partner with sales engineering team to ensure there’s a smooth transition from POC to when a new customer is onboarded.
What we’re looking for:
- A track record of systematically documenting issue in debugging process to reduce the time to solve future implementations.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, networking and cloud managed services such as MySQL and Object Stores.
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (ex: AWS, GCP, Azure).
- SaaS, Web service / distributed system operations experience.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following packages: TensorFlow / Keras, PyTorch / PyTorch Lightning.
- Basic proficiency in Python and eagerness to help customers who are primarily users of Python deep learning frameworks and tools be successful.
- Strong Linux/Unix command line experience.
- Familiarity with Terraform for infrastructure management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities, respond promptly and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Ability to break down complex problems and resolve them through customer consultation and execution.
- Proficiency with Terraform for infrastructure management.
- Experience with data engineering and MLOps tooling.
- Understanding of the Machine Learning space and prior experience in a similar company
- Combination of prior Solution Architect and Software Engineering experience
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation time
- 🩺 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 $500 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave
- 📈 401(k)
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.