Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Remote, US and Canada Only
Compensation Range: $140,000 to $190,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress team is looking for an innovative and highly motivated Software Engineering Manager with excellent technical skills and communication ability to lead the Security Awareness Training (SAT) team. Educating end users is critical to information security, and SAT is designed to teach end users critical security basics and best practices that can help protect organizations from harm.
As the manager of the Security Awareness Training team, you will manage a team that builds new features to make the SAT platform more manageable for our partners, usable for end users, and helps it integrate more fully with the rest of Huntress’s product offerings. You will focus on building and coaching an expert team of smart and diverse problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done.
- Recruit, hire, coach, and mentor a diverse team of engineers with emphasis on collaboration, teamwork and creativity
- Lead the team to build and set standards for team excellence, driving performance improvements at both team and individual levels
- Help drive software quality and predictable software delivery while balancing the needs of the business and team members
- Ensure code quality and test coverage by ensuring the team performs good code reviews and testing
- Use a servant-leadership mindset to ensure that engineers have everything they need to design, build, iterate on, and ship high-quality software.
- Lead with transparency, candidly challenge assumptions, exhibit integrity above all else
What You Bring To The Team
- 3+ years experience in engineering leadership building SaaS products in a modern SaaS environment
- Skilled at hiring, building teams, leading and coaching managers, and performance management
- Experience with different software development methodologies such as plan-build-ship, scrum, and kanban
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to grasp new software architecture and technology quickly
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with product, development teams, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders to help minimize silos and drive teamwork across teams
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.