At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users.
By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
In this role you will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of front and back-end software applications with a focus on our Storage product suite. Your responsibilities will extend from designing system architecture to high-level programming, performance testing, and system integration.
To ensure success as a full stack engineer, you should have advanced programming skills, experience with web application development, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Top-rated full stack engineers at Vercel demonstrate the ability to create and implement advanced software systems and are able to become productive across the full stack in short time.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate closely with the software development team to define the scope and scale of software projects.
- Designing software system architecture and implementing scalable web services, applications, and APIs.
- Completing data structures and design patterns.
- Developing and maintaining internal software tools.
- Writing maintainable and testable code.
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Identifying bottlenecks and improving software efficiency.
- Collaborating other team members to design system architecture
- Writing technical documents.
- To ensure success as a full stack engineer, you should have strong programming skills, experience with application development, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Top-rated full stack engineers create and implement advanced software systems that perfectly meet the needs of the company.
- 5+ years in software development.
- Familiarity with a range of database solutions, e.g. Redis, NoSQL, PostgreSQL and general storage solutions like S3 and R2
- Experience with Infrastructure Engineering, AWS, Next.js, and the Vercel platform
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.