We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. If you are the sort of engineer with a deep interest in how cloud architecture actually works under the hood, you’re exactly who we’re looking for in this role. You will work with a team of experienced engineers on a modern tech stack to build the systems that power all of BenchSci.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada and the US for this position.
- Build internal tools, pipelines, and controls for all engineering teams
- Improve the lives of our engineering team by optimizing our build tools
- Automate our cloud architecture through state-of-the-art declarative configuration management (i.e. Infrastructure-As-Code) solutions so BenchSci can scale to meet user needs and recover from disaster events
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to solve problems relating to reliability and deployment systems architecture
- Improve monitoring, alerting, and overall observability for all systems
- Develop best practices for security, scalability, operational efficiency
- Support and educate application/data teams on how to use our cloud platform, and be a guardian of code and configuration quality to reduce operational errors
- 2+ years working in software development or engineering
- 1-2 years working in a DevOps or Infrastructure capacity
- Experience in any programming language; preference given to Python
- A background in computer science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, software design, and the ability to audit third-party code
- Experience with configuration management on public cloud providers (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- An interest in operationalizing distributed systems and raising SLIs
- Experience troubleshooting production issues and being part of PagerDuty schedules (only business hours)