Raken is a cloud-based, mobile, collaboration platform for the construction industry. We enable construction field workers and office personnel to report and communicate more effectively & efficiently. We work with Commercial, Residential, and Specialty Contractors of all shapes and sizes; including many of the largest construction companies in the world. We are looking for a proven Software Engineer II (Full Stack) to join our startup that has the #1 app in one of the largest industries in the world.
Well qualified applicants should be able to demonstrate working knowledge of the latest libraries and programming techniques. Frontend development experience in React JS is desired, but not required.
Why Join Raken?
- Raken is a rapidly growing startup based in Carlsbad, California.
- We were recognized on the Forbes 2020 list of America’s Best Startup Employers and are ranked no. 1057 on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Companies
- We are dedicated to the growth and development of our employees and have programs in place to support these initiatives
- Our Culture is Top Priority – We have a hardworking team that loves to make a significant positive impact and have fun while doing it. Core values we live by: Take Ownership, Elevate Others, Keep Evolving, Stay Balanced, Let’s Go!
- Write Java code for internal application development
- Fix bugs and provide support for business and maintenance teams
- Contribute to the development of new features and enhancements
- Experience with AWS technologies, including Serverless, S3, Cloud Formation
- Write and execute unit tests using JUnit and other testing frameworks
- Create required documentation including high-level design documents
- Communicate estimates, risks, and dependencies to project owners and technical leads
- Increase expertise in the areas of development related to the assigned projects
- Identify and address issues independently
- Refactor existing code base and improve overall quality of code
- Perform knowledge shares
- Participate in efforts to continuously improve development processes
- Work closely with back-end and ops teams to continually evolve, improve practices and processes, and drive the platform forward
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of proven programming experience in Java developing web applications
- 3+ years of proven programming experience in React JS Framework (or similar framework)
- 3+ years of experience with RDBMS and SQL queries
- 3+ years of experience with JSON and related libraries and technologies
- 3+ years of experience with RESTful APIs
- 3+ years of experience with Spring framework
- 3+ years of experience with Hibernate / JPA
- 3+ years of experience using source control systems (Git)
- 5+ years of experience utilizing JUnit and other testing frameworks
- Passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering consumer-facing web-based solutions
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Positive attitude with a constructive approach to challenges and respect for colleagues
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree, or 5+ years development experience
- Remote/in-office or hybrid schedule offered
- Employee Sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision with significant employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + 12 Paid Holidays
- 401k + matching
- Continuing education opportunities
- Monthly Social Events
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture but is a key contributor to our success. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.