Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
The Software Engineer II role is primarily devoted to designing and developing next generation software for the Nextech product suite. In this role, you will work within a team of talented, motivated individuals who are passionate about developing high quality software products that engage users and enable them to work efficiently. The Software Engineer II has acquired technical knowledge, analytical, and problem-solving skills in more than one area of development, and is able to show flexibility in the tasks that they perform. The ideal candidate is collaborative, curious, creative, versatile, organized, and is intrinsically motivated to continuously improve themselves and others around them.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
Essential Functions: In addition to working in accordance with appropriate conduct and behavioral standards, specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Embrace best practices in software development (Code Reviews, Unit Tests, CI/CD) and leverage them every day
- Perform mutual code reviews within your team to ensure high quality code
- Cooperate closely with the team, scrum masters, and product owners
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned based on business need
- Solid knowledge of Angular, C#, and SQL
- Minimum of 5+ years industry experience
- Minimum of 1+ year using Microsoft SQL Server and writing advanced queries
- A well-rounded, full-stack approach to development
- Experience with the development of robust, scalable micro-service back ends
- A desire to build zero-downtime deployments through coding innovation
- Experience delivering a product to market
- The ability to write clean code, a love of unit testing, and the need to have your software to be usable from the very beginning
- An appreciation for open and constructive dialog with your fellow team members
- 5 free mental health counseling sessions annually
- Flexible Time Off: take time off when you need it without worrying about available hours
- 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance : Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Remote work
- May be some in office meetings a couple of times per year in Tampa
- Activities require a significant amount of work in front of a computer monitor.