It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
Yahoo is focused on making the world’s daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. Search is the starting point to online experiences – whether you’re looking for the perfect gift, a new restaurant or the answer to any question you may have. Yahoo! Search is one of the most highly-scaled web platforms on the planet, serving over 100 million global users every month across Yahoo branded sites and partner networks. Yahoo Search Engineering team builds the search result page and middleware for users around the globe and we are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, and passionate software engineer to work on building the next generation Search UX.
(Sr.) Software Engineer with professional experience in front-end and UI development, who is motivated by our mission and wants to ensure that our Search product plays a critical role in improving the experience of our users and partners.
By applying to this position, you are required to locate in Taiwan. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role you will independently research, plan, design, develop, test, and release software for new features and product enhancements, and revise and refine as required. You will develop on top of real-time measurement frameworks and evaluate the impact of new features with Big Data technology. You will directly work with product management, design, analytics, marketplace, editorial and other outside organizations in an agile way where we ship frequently for making real impact to the users. Your peer engineers and scientists will be in multiple locations and you will cooperate together in developing internationalization/localization features and deploying to global markets.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent. New graduates are welcomed.
- Experience in frontend or full stack developments.
- Proactive attitude and problem solving skills to work independently.
- Mobile web developments, cross-browser compatibility or responsive web design.
- Experience in server-side programming such as Node.js or similar.
- Strong understanding of product quality, security, and performance standards
- Fluency in English is highly desirable. Good communication with global teams.
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative.
The Good Stuff
- Work at Yahoo – At Yahoo, We want every employee to have as much flexibility as their role allows. Working from home or working from the office? Your choice!
- Summer Friday – We know the importance of work/life balance and realize that some working habits may not have kept up with the times.
- Learning & Development – We have amazing programs you can enter to further grow your career, learn & develop new skills. We also provide you with a tuition reimbursement program for study.
- Health and Wellbeing – We offer employee assistance program (EAP), health club reimbursement, employee vacation program, office massage for you to relieve from stress and release of pressure.
- Work from Abroad Policy – the world as we know it has changed so if you need to travel back to your home country and work remotely, we have you covered.
- Phone & Tech – We will provide all the Apple goods to do your job well.
Join us to immerse yourself in an energetic environment, closely access yourself to cutting edge technology and participate yourself in the exciting and dynamic Internet Industry! Apply Now!
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.