We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role
Your charter as a Software Engineer on the Workspace/IDE team is to improve the core software creation experience on Replit, while also enabling other engineers to expand Replit’s power. You’ll work directly on core features like the editor and window management. You’ll also build infrastructure to make coding a multiplayer experience and rethink how software version control should work.
Things you might do:
- Push the future of open source editors by integrating and contributing to CodeMirror 6
- Make coding a more collaborative experience by building multiplayer infrastructure and features
- Enable other Replit teams to quickly ship new AI-powered features like Generate Code
- Work closely with designers to ship new Bret Victor-inspired feedback mechanisms.
- Make the core user experience better for everybody by improving stability and crushing key bugs
- Build the core product surface of Replit: the Workspace. This is where users build their code, their development environment, and view their code running.
- Enable teams at Replit to build features like extensions, multiplayer, threads, and more.
- Able to demonstrate your 5+ years of working experience with depth of expertise in at least one of the following:
- Building rich browser-based applications
- Building frontend infrastructure used by 100+ other developers
- Shipping your own products to, and working with, users
- Someone who values simplicity and pragmatism (you think radically but ship incrementally).
- Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously.
- Experience working with IDEs, terminals, or other common developer tools.
- Experience with collaborative editing technologies such as Operational Transforms or CRDT.
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
🧘♂️ Monthly Wellness Stipend
🍴 Monthly Lunch/Grocery Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
📈 401k Matching
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)
Want to Learn More?
- Replit Product
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.