While this role may be posted in a particular city and/or state most of our roles are open to hiring throughout the USA/nationwide for all positions.
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a remote-first global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
We are hiring a Frontend Software Engineer to join our team. The Energy & Emerging team values end-to-end ownership and tight-knit collaboration with product and design teams. Our team focuses on post-capture analysis of maps and media including measurement tools, inspection workflows, reporting, and more. This role focuses on core features in the DroneDeploy application and provides the opportunity to take ownership of features that ship to the largest commercial drone data customer base.
At DroneDeploy, we care about the performance, maintainability, and testability of our code. We do weekly releases with thorough end-to-end testing with dedicated test engineers. DroneDeploy’s main app is a SPA written in Angular (with consistent updates to get to the latest stable version). We bundle with Webpack and target only modern browsers. We test with Jest. The backend tech stack consists of Python/Tornado, MongoDB, Postgres, Kubernetes, and more.
- Actively engage with the whole team through the entire software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with a group of the backend, frontend, and mobile engineers to build new features and enhance existing features
- Share your expertise with others and never stop learning about new trends, new technologies, ways to communicate, and general professional improvement
- Take high ownership of your deliverables from implementation, release, and support
- Work and communicate well with other team members of all skill levels
- Monitor, triage, and resolve metrics and operational incidents along with fellow engineers
- Listen in on customer calls, understand how they use the product, and hear first-hand feedback on features
- Demonstrated familiarity with modern front-end technologies such as TypeScript, ES6/7+, Angular 2+, React
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Willing to dig into any part of code across different product lines
- Can work at least four hours within US Pacific Time between 9am – 5pm core hours
- This role is 100% remote
Upon joining our international team, we will
- Pair you with a peer who will guide you through our onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews
- Provide autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.