At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users.
By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for engineers to help us build functional systems that improve product and customer experience. As a member of the Network team, you will help to scale and improve our infrastructure, availability and reliability by working with our backend engineers and product team to identify problems, create tooling and automation.
Your role will be dynamic – you should be comfortable designing systems, writing code, and debugging systems in production. Our team orchestrates deployment, serving and hosting for our customers through capabilities and tooling we maintain that leverage our own and other cloud providers’ infrastructure for networking, routing, storage, caching and purging.
- Intrigued by the challenges faced by building other engineer’s code
- Have deep experience with how to make systems scale in the cloud
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Want to help protect the Vercel platform from abuse – security is a top priority
- Are keen to experiment, challenge norms and deliver secure and reliable systems that delight Vercel’s users
- Are knowledgeable and experienced with web servers, network protocols, standards and deviations
- Comfortable in TypeScript and Golang.
- Familiar with Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, or others), Node.js, Terraform, or Kubernetes,
- Experience with Lua, React or Next.js is nice-to-have!
- Stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $138,400 – $230,700. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.