About Aurora Solar
Are you ready to join the solar revolution? Look no further than Aurora Solar, where we’re on a mission to create a solar energy future for all.
A fast-growing Series D company, Aurora is disrupting the clean energy industry and changing the course of history with our award-winning, industry-leading software. This software doesn’t just design millions of solar projects, but it designs a better tomorrow, empowering solar companies to sell, design, and install residential and commercial solar arrays accurately, seamlessly, and at scale.
It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, and we’ve got a stellar team that’s helping us get there. We were named one of “The Best Mid Sized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltIn.com and have been awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, and as we continue to build, we need even more passionate, skilled, and, well, energized people on board.
About the Role
We are looking for versatile engineers who are excited by taking on new projects, learning new skills, and working with geospatial data at scale. You will incorporate new sources of aerial imagery, LIDAR, and weather data into Aurora to help our users deliver the most accurate solar designs possible and enable Aurora to expand into new territories across the globe. You will also be responsible for designing and maintaining the technical architecture of geospatial data at Aurora.
What You’ll Do
- Investigate new vendors and data sources to expand Aurora’s data coverage and quality
- Develop API integrations with third-party imagery, weather data, and LIDAR providers
- Maintain and run the ETL process for imagery, weather and, LIDAR data
- Develop internal cloud services to expose Aurora’s geospatial datasets in a unified way
- Implement end-to-end automated tests for those functions
- Mentor engineers on the team on Geospatial Data industry-standards
What We Value
- Computer Science (or related) degree or 5+ years of experience
- Expertise with geographic information system (GIS) and cloud services handling large volumes of data
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Experience with Python, Go, C++, Ruby-on-Rails
- Some DevOps experience is an asset
- Problem-solving mindset, attention to detail, a proven focus on quality
- Collaborative approach to teamwork, interested in occasional pair programming
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment