We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role
Your charter is to harness Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to improve the daily lives of millions of coders using Replit. You will help build new and delightful product features, develop powerful new capabilities for our users, and optimize our robust computing platform.
Examples of what you could do:
- Fine-tune a Large Language Model (LLM) to improve coding suggestions
- Build recommendations and just-in-time help for users on their coding journey
- Deploy ML models to identify and remove unwanted content from the site
- Optimize our compute platform so we can provide computers to millions of users around the world at even lower cost
- Build and deploy AI/ML models end-to-end
- Work with a variety of large, unstructured data sources to train and test models
- Deploy models into production, and evaluate and improve their performance over time
- Collaborate across multiple engineering teams to integrate AI/ML solutions into our systems and processes
- Identify new opportunities for AI/ML solutions throughout the organization, and set the direction and roadmap required to implement them
- Someone who values simplicity and pragmatism (you think radically but ship incrementally)
- Experienced in building data infrastructure that is both scalable and extensible
- Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously
- Passionate about using AI to make programming accessible to all
- Experience with large-scale distributed compute (Apache Spark) and cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with and fine-tuning Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Experience building Platform/Infrastructure/Runtime as a Service
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
📱 Monthly Expenses Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)
Want to Learn More?
- Replit Product
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.
The overall market range of base compensation for roles in this area of Replit is typically $85,000 – $250,000. Compensation offered will be determined by additional factors such as location and experience.