Who We Are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career-advancing education more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before.
Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding.
We provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power.
Climb Credit’s mission is to expand access to career advancing education and we aim to do this for all communities. Therefore, we are committed to building a workforce that’s a representation of our learners. Climb fosters an inclusive work environment to all its employees; We celebrate diverse representation and diverse thinking.
To further this commitment, we’ve set a goal to promote inclusivity and equity in our workplace internally and with schools and financing providers externally. We do this through our company DEI Taskforce meetings to work through these initiatives. Climb acknowledges its power in providing access to educational opportunities and the positive impact of diversity, which is why we have taken on this commitment to push forward this work. We encourage our employees to be their most authentic selves and strive to create, nurture and sustain an inclusive culture for our employees and learners.
– Drive access and inclusivity
– Build a better system
– Own the solution
– Iterate and experiment
– Succeed together
We are looking for a software engineer who is excited to join a fast-growing startup. The ideal candidate will have a strong computer science background or a proven track record of development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users. Being mission-driven and focused on problem-solving is more valued than knowing a specific language or tech stack.
- Develop web-based applications providing functionality to support and inform students and school officials using the MEAN and MERN stacks.
- Build creative and technically robust solutions to the product challenges we face.
- Build tools and integrations that provide a seamless customer support experience.
- Create maintainable software and support products.
- Maintain strategies to automate performance, regression, and unit testing of the software.
- Collaborate with design, data, and product management to understand the problems we want to solve and exploring how we can solve them.
- Discuss and collaboratively solve engineering and product problems with engineering collaborators in Slack or Zoom.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to fix bugs and implement features that reduce customer issues.
- Participate in escalations from the support team and help prioritize fixes with the Engineering teams.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions, and support team decision making.
- Work independently in an asynchronous fashion, and also collaborate and pair with other engineers on the team.
Your Background and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development
- Experience in fintech, finance, or financial services industry preferred
- Familiarity with object-oriented, database, MVC, and asynchronous programming techniques
- Experience architecting and designing software to solve complex business problems
- Experience developing scalable and reliable products that deliver real value to users
- Experience as a software developer building frontend or backend applications
- Familiarity with databases and MVC frameworks
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of the software
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Values diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Company equity
- Annual education stipend
- Work from Home stipend
- Health benefits (coverage for medical, dental, and vision costs, life insurance, and more)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- “Light Meeting Fridays” year-round
- “Summer Friday” afternoons off
- Paid parental leave
- In-person and virtual team events
- DoorDash Wednesdays
- 401k with company match
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.