Kona – the wellbeing platform for remote teams.
Our founding team bonded over prior bad experiences with remote work. A terrible manager. A failed startup. A summer of burnout.
We knew work could be better, healthier, and happier. So we turned to experts to learn what makes remote work hard. We’ve interviewed 1500+ leaders since January 2020.
Their pain was loud and clear. Remote teams are built on trust. But it’s difficult to build relationships and understand how everyone feels without meeting face-to-face.
We built Kona to help remote workers fight burnout and build connections without changing how they work. We empower leaders to support their teams where they need it most.
To us, empathy and wellbeing at work aren’t just an add-on. They’re a must-have.
And today, Kona is trusted by 200+ people-first remote teams around the globe.
We’re making empathy mainstream at work.
We’re Techstars alums, and raised $1.2M from Kleiner Perkins, Zillow founder Spencer Rascoff, Amazon exec Jeff Wilke, The Fund, and more. We have another significant announcement in the funnel for later this month 🙂
Our customers are the most culture-focused companies in the world – MasterClass, Canva, GoodRx, Greenhouse.io, CoffeeMeetsBagel, Aircall and more. They love Kona, use it every day, and get a ton of value out of it. Check out our case studies for more on how Kona drives mental health for teams.
We’re all-remote, but meet in person every quarter. Founders from left-right – Andrew, Sid (CEO), Corine.
We’re hiring Software Engineers!
This is a full-time, fully-remote position. If you’re interested in building software that helps make empathy mainstream at work, this is the position for you.
You’ll get a ton of learning, ownership over the product, and a driving seat in our journey 🙂
Click here to learn more about us.
- Location: Remote (we don’t have a centralized HQ, and we never will)
- Manager: You’ll report to Andrew Zhou (co-founder, Product/Eng) and work closely with Sid Pandiya (co-founder/CEO) alongside an engineering team of 4 (growing to 8 this year).
- Compensation: Salary + Equity
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental (75% of each is covered by the company)
- PTO: Unlimited, with minimum 15 days per year (we encourage each other to take time off)
Technologies we use:
Python, React, AWS, GitHub
- Build and support APIs in Python
- Build and support frontend experiences in React/Typescript
- Manage simple AWS architecture
- Learn from customer needs (watch customer call recordings, chat with customers on Slack and occasional video calls)
- Work with founders and other engineers to make decisions on product, architecture, UX, etc.
- Any modern programming language (we use Python)
- Cloud infrastructure tools (we use AWS ECS)
- NoSQL or SQL databases (we use AWS DynamoDB)
- Full-stack development
What we’ll love about you:
- You have experience building or directly contributing to a great product
- You care about mental health, burnout, and wellbeing at work
- You’re excited about new products and want to be responsible for owning and improving a new, growing codebase
- You have empathy for users and can put yourself in their shoes
- You have a strong learner’s mindset and are motivated by personal growth
What does success look like in this role?
In 1-2 years as a successful engineer at Kona, you will…
- Own and deliver on multiple company-defining projects
- Lay the foundation for tech that will scale to millions of users
- Meaningfully impact culture at some of the top companies in the world
- Help build and scale the engineering team and culture
- Lead experiments and drive learnings in relevant aspects of building a startup (product, UX, technical architecture, hiring, company values, etc.)
- Grow as an engineer and human in ways you wouldn’t have expected