Bitso is seeking a highly creative, clever, achieving, team player and confident engineer to join as a Payments Software Development Engineer in Test (“SDET”) on the Rails Tribe.
As a SDET, you will specialize in testing back-end applications and processes. You will automate testing back-end infrastructure, APIs, and business logic for the most important services in our financial ecosystem integration backbone. You will also work as part of an Agile Team and be responsible for the creation and generation of automated test cases for the Continuous Integration Pipeline, Test Planning, and Test Execution to ensure our projects can be released in an error-free manner. This includes being the guardian and owner not only of the code but of the whole process involved from the design to the final delivery as well. You will Drive opportunities and facilitate efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment. Engage on code reviews with other teammates, be part of our Agile environment, and internal project development focused on data-analysis or inter-team enabling. The position is limited only by imagination and capability.
In Bitso, your highly valued ideas will be translated into solutions that will be shipped immediately and its impact far-reaching. You will have the freedom to be creative and also put the best of your abilities in a challenging environment by working efficiently while being a team player to help accomplish our Big Hairy Audacious Goal.
- Responsible for building and maintaining payment rails tests to improve product and engineering health
- Develop and implement the test automation strategy for a streamlined CI pipeline
- Work closely with engineering to research and understand applications, create test cases, design test plans, and automate test cases for the verification payment functionality
- Facilitate the tracking of Bugs and Enhancements (via JIRA and applicable tools)
- Take responsibility for testing of individual components and end-to-end testing flows
- Work closely with Engineers and Product Owners to review Bitso’s products and requirements
- Engage on code reviews to maintain the highest level of quality standard
- Architect solutions and improvement to scale our product and financial platforms
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange
Who you are:
- Experienced with automating and testing RESTful APIs
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Spinnaker are a great fit)
- Design Patterns (Behavioral, Structural, and Creational)
- Experience with programming languages (Java, Go, NodeJS, Python, etc)
- Software Architectures and System Design
- Databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Understanding of Cloud Architectures, Microservices and Distributed Systems
- Experience with Containerization.
- Experience automating Integration tests with Shell Scripting and Docker.
- Experience with Github Actions and CI pipeline automation tools is a plus.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we want our team members to be owners of the company. Therefore, as we all together crave for the success of our business, you will be eligible to participate in our stock option plan!
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.