Woven Planet is building mobility for a safer, happier and sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota’s legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people from cars to smart cities.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy and elevate well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
As the Software Development Engineer – Python Developer for the AMP team, you are a highly skilled and enthusiastic programmer. You are experienced in writing software for a high throughput production system on AWS cloud infrastructure. You are diligent, keen to learning new technologies, and looking to contribute and collaborate with top engineers to enable automated driving through the new technology of high-definition mapping.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will create and improve software services to serve world-scale high-definition map data to autonomous vehicle application developers
- You will maintain and help troubleshoot the map database and delivery service at national, regional, and global scale
- You will collaborate with machine learning engineers to deploy and optimize algorithms and pipelines using modern cloud and GPU technologies
- You will design, build and maintain scalable APIs for consuming mapping and event data.
- You will work closely with engineers in cross-functional teams to resolve issues related to quality, cost, time, and responsibility
- You will educate those around you to the ways of good coding practices
We’d love to hear from you (required) if
- You have a Degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 5 years work experience (or equivalent experience/training)
- You have software development experience in Python
- You are experienced with AWS or other cloud systems
- You have worked with Docker and/or Kubernetes application development and deployment
- You bring experience in developing data management systems and applications
- You have experience with implementing unit and end-to-end testing
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience
- You are keen to learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- You are able to work independently, proactively to find solutions and work with cross-functional teams
- You have experience developing, deploying, and monitoring microservices
- You have experience with multiple database systems such as PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- You have experience in product development using Machine Learning and Image Processing technologies
- You have experience in creating a machine learning product (Deploy model, MLOps, etc.)
- You have experience integrating with CI tools programmatically, such as CircleCI, Jenkins, Semaphore or GitLab
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum and typical agile tools (Git, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
Benefits & Perks:
We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
Competitive compensation package
Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for birthing mothers | 18 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
Backup child/elder care
Monthly home office stipend
Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
*This position is open to US-remote candidates with a strong preference to those residing in the greater Seattle, San Francisco or NYC areas.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.